Potentially dumb question: best 1/72 Lockheed S-3?

Hi all,

I’ve got a hankering to build a Viking. So which is the most accurate out of the box: Airfix or Hasegawa (which I see is also out there in a Revell box)?

The next question will be where to find one cheap or better....😇

Hasegawa kit is pretty good. Only down side is the raised panel lines.  The Revell of Germany kit is actually the Hasegawa kit by the way.  If you get the original white boxed Hasegawa kit they can be had for fairly cheap too. They pop up on eBay from time to time. I also think that sprucebrothers or scalehobbiest have them for a decent price. 

The detail on the Airfix kit is a bit softer than the Hasegawa one, it also has raised detail, one plus for the Airfix kit is it includes a basic weapons bay, some stores (Harpoons) and extendable MAD boom.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Thanks all, from my reading the bonus with the Airfix kit is the open weapons bays whereas Hasegawa is generally better. It'll probably come down to whichever I find first and cheapest when I have the cash.

49 minutes ago, achterkirch said:

The Revell of Germany kit is actually the Hasegawa kit by the way.

Thank you, I did notice that on Scalemates and included it in my OP 😉

8 hours ago, JackMan said:

Bookmarked!