Enola Gay tail marking

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

Late to the game, but I thought this photo was interesting.  The caption says they were backing her over the bomb.

Enola Gay.JPG

Yup, that's one of the loading pits out on Tinian. If you Google Map and scroll into the North Field, you'll see the two pits.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, 82Whitey51 said:

Yup, that's one of the loading pits out on Tinian. If you Google Map and scroll into the North Field, you'll see the two pits.

Out of sheer coincidence, I was looking at Tinian's North Field on Google Maps just a couple of hours ago.  Lots of it is being overrun by vegetation but you can still see the two bomb pits.  It looks like they still have runways A and B somewhat kept us as well.

Eric

28 minutes ago, echolmberg said:

Out of sheer coincidence, I was looking at Tinian's North Field on Google Maps just a couple of hours ago.  Lots of it is being overrun by vegetation but you can still see the two bomb pits.  It looks like they still have runways A and B somewhat kept us as well.

Eric

The Marines landed a couple of KC-130s out on Runway A a few years go...first aircraft to land on North field since 1947.

Edited by 82Whitey51