Best 1/72 kit for a TBF-1C Avenger?

Hi team,

I have a couple or three TBF-1Cs I’d like to build in 1/72 but I see there are a few different options. What’s considered the most accurate kit, and what are the pros and cons of each?

Many thanks in advance!!

Hasegawa is undoubtably the best option, but they may be a bit hard to find now.  The only other option for a TBF/M-1C is the Academy (or ancient FROG) kit, which is not a bad kit in and of itself.  Hasegawa has better overall detail and the option of an open weapon bay, and the Academy kit benefits from a replacment prop as the hub in the kit is kinda wonky.  There is an Airfix Avenger kit but it is a TBM-3, and there was also an old Lindberg kit that is probably best left alone.

Thanks folks! I’ll be going the Academy route as one of the builds is an unrealised New Zealand agricultural conversion, the other is an ex-RNZAF playground installation my late grandfather painted and helped set up (and which my mother and aunt played in as kids):

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503459&objectid=12000035