1/48 Hasegawa P-47D-30 "Tarheel Hal"

Time to start some new build threads. I have started this kit already, working on painting parts right now. Cockpit green, black, zinc chromate yellow and aluminium has been painted. Should start some weathering soon and get some assembly started.

I have some pictures taken, but I am having issues with my website hosting company so I will get them posted when I get things sorted.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some more progress on this. I haven't had much time to work on this with everything going on as I am still working and my oldest is home from daycare. I am hoping to get some more time at the desk once we get into a new routine.

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Sean

16 minutes ago, caudleryan said:

Looks great!  Any idea on what markings it will be?

Kit decals as “Tarheel Hal”

it gonna be interesting as I plan to use Alclad and vary a few panel colours so with the orange and blue it will take some planning and tactical use of masking tape to make it all work. 

Sean

2 minutes ago, caudleryan said:

Those markings look tricky.

Very!!  I am still a little scared with it all. Bought some alclad gloss today so I plan on painting alclad first, then gloss it all, then mask and paint the blue first, as it will be easier to mask the blue around the tail, then mask and paint the orange

Sean

• 1 month later...

more progress. Things have been busy around the hose with one of my daughters daycare being closed so I haven't had as much time to update my webpage, although I am still trying to get some build time in here and there.

airframe is painted!! I need to a few touch ups to the orange on the tail and paint the colwings, but the worst is over. I have coated everything in Alclad gloss to protect the finish and get it ready for decals. really like the way this has turned out and I am relieved I got through the painting stage without screwing anything up beyond repair. decals and alight weathering and it will be done!!

027.jpg+

028.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

049.jpg