1/48 Ibex T-6 II, RCAF

Time to start some new build threads. I have started this kit already, working on painting parts right now with the cockpit is painted as well as anything that needs to be black. Working on cockpit decaling now, every instrument is a separate decal and there are two IP. Lots of tedious work. 

I am having issues with my webpage hosting, but I will get some pictures posted as soon as it is sorted out.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

more progress. Things have been busy around the hose with one of my daughters daycare being closed so I haven't had as much time to update my webpage, although I am still trying to get some build time in here and there.

This has been painted and I have all the leading edges done with Alclad aluminum. I have a few touch ups to do on the blue (i also forgot to paint the canopy the first time around) and then it will be ready for gloss and decals. other than the exhaust and spinner, it is mostly just small stuff left to go!

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

046.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

053.jpg

056.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

2 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

There looks to be some poor fitting parts, but you have made a great job of it

Yes, you can for sure tell it is a short run kit. The fit on the nose and the horizontal stabs was brutal.  I also had issues with the primer I used (vallejo) peeling off which did jot help matters. On my next round of kits if it still doesnt co-operate Im gonna switch primers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good. I especially appreciate the tedious work on the instruments. Did you add some nose weight? This one is a tail-sitter. Mine had weight added, but not enough; it tail-sits if someone walks past the shelf and causes tiny vibrations.

ALF

On 6/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, ALF18 said:

Looking good. I especially appreciate the tedious work on the instruments. Did you add some nose weight? This one is a tail-sitter. Mine had weight added, but not enough; it tail-sits if someone walks past the shelf and causes tiny vibrations.

ALF

ALF,

I did add nose wight..I got some lead weights in a used kit and I jammed a few into the nose before the front was glued on. It should be enough to hold the nose down, I just hope the gear can hold it...this plastic is pretty soft.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Some more progress has been made. 

The next update should be of the finished model. All I really ahve left to do is gear, prop, canopy and pitot tubes..all the fiddly bits. Very happy with how this went together so far, and Caracal's decals went on smooth as silk!

058.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

Sean

• 4 weeks later...