Time to start some new build threads. I have started this kit already, working on painting parts right now and some scratch work. Both cockpit tubs were missing but there were 2 resin ejection seats so I used some sheet plastic to build up a floor so the seats would be at the right place. With the IP installed, at such a small scale, most of the missing bits wont be seen. I also had to scratch build part of the lower LEX extensions as one of those parts were missing. Should be getting the weathering done soon and I can get this all buttoned up.

I have been dealing with some hosting issues with my webpage and as soon as it is sorted I will get some pictures posted.

Sean

3 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Is this the early issue of the Hasegawa kit?

Looking forward to your progress, I have one or 2 of these to build as RAAF and RCAF versions.

Yes. It is a little dated, but in 1/72 it looks ok. It belongs to a co-worker and I am building it as a commison for him, and he got from a family friend years ago...hence the missing parts. The decals That came with it are VERY yellow and are for the older scheme. I managed to snag a set of Cannuck decals before he folded shop. Going to be an in flight 410Sqn bird. 

sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some more progress. I haven't had much time at the desk with everything going on as I am still working and my oldest is now home from daycare. I am hopeful I have more time in the future as we figure out a new normal routine.

most of the work on this has been cleaning up seams and getting everything ready for a coat of primer.

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 1 month later...

more progress. Things have been busy around the hose with one of my daughters daycare being closed so I haven't had as much time to update my webpage, although I am still trying to get some build time in here and there.

I am basically ready to gloss coat and start the decals on this. Everything went together quite nicely!

016.jpg

017.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

v

033.jpg

036.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean