Fujimi 1/72 A-4M & OA-4M Available again??

Apparently so! I was just looking over at Hannants, and apparently a company that I've never heard of, Hobby 2000, has re-released the Fujimi A-4M and OA-4M under their own name with Cartograf decals and paint masks for about $20. Not bad! I sure hope that they re-release Fujimi's A-4E too!

I would add a link, but I don't know how to do it.  Fred K.

H2K72017.jpg

1 hour ago, f5guy said:

I would add a link, but I don't know how to do it. 

Fred,

Do you mean a link to the Hannant page/listing? Like herehere, and here?

If so: Copy the URL (web page address);  in your post composition, highlight the word or phrase where you want the link to appear (as blue underline); click the Chain Link icon at the top of your post page; paste the URL; and click Insert Into Post.

or just Paste the URL Copy directly into your post to get this:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/H2K72018?result-token=kbgpM . For long URLs use TinyURL to get this: https://tinyurl.com/qtlujhw

Gene K

Edited by GeneK

Thanks for the info Fred. I don't build 1/72nd but my 1/72nd friend will be interested. From what I understand and also seeing the Fujimi kits, they are super nice. In fact that whole 1/72nd jet series at the time was amazing. Their Hawk and Harriers are jems.

This is one of two recent posts mentioning Hobby 2000, the other about (re)releasing Hasegawa molded kits. Did this Hobby 2000 company buy the molds? or contract with Fujimi & Hasegawa for a run of bagged kits to rebox?

9 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Schweet! I love those Scooter kits!

Thanks for the head's up Fred...

-Gregg

You bet Gregg! I've got a stash of both of these model Scooters, and am really hoping they re-release the Fujimi A-4E. I'd be down for a half dozen of those! Fred K.

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

This is one of two recent posts mentioning Hobby 2000, the other about (re)releasing Hasegawa molded kits. Did this Hobby 2000 company buy the molds? or contract with Fujimi & Hasegawa for a run of bagged kits to rebox?

Not sure Habu, but I too saw that they re-released the Hasegawa Beaufighters among others. I'm glad to see that someone is re-releasing these kits as most of them are still very good kits. Come on A-4E! Fred K.

5 hours ago, SERNAK said:

The price does sound right but only if you have a model store near you. Otherwise, the postage costs almost the same as the kit does. So, $25 for an 1/72 Skyhawk...... yes and no.🤔

They're starting to pop up on ebay, so that could be another option. I've done pretty good in the past at getting kits at a good price with little or no shipping costs. HTH, Fred K.

4 hours ago, SERNAK said:

I couldn't help myself and I ordered one !!!! Total cost with postage $19 from Poland.

Now, the only thing that remains is to see a re-release of the Fujimi 1/72 A-4E/F and some aftermarket decals FOR US NAVY ADVERSARIES ALWAYS!!!

I couldn't agree more! Fred.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:54 AM, GeneK said:

Fred,

Do you mean a link to the Hannant page/listing? Like herehere, and here?

If so: Copy the URL (web page address);  in your post composition, highlight the word or phrase where you want the link to appear (as blue underline); click the Chain Link icon at the top of your post page; paste the URL; and click Insert Into Post.

or just Paste the URL Copy directly into your post to get this:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/H2K72018?result-token=kbgpM . For long URLs use TinyURL to get this: https://tinyurl.com/qtlujhw

Gene K

Thanks Gene ;0) Fred.

48 minutes ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

That is an A-4AR Fighting Hawk that I wish for...

Condor Decals made a sheet for that ("Latin Hawks" number 72022) 15 years ago. I have no idea how available that sheet is these days. Building a A-4AR from a Fujimi A-4M is mostly adding a lot of bumps and taking a few off. This biggest problem is the cockpit, which needs major reworking. If you actually want to do this, I can help. I built one of these up to the point of the first layer of paint, where it's been for the last few years.

You know, I really should finish it one of these days.

Hi Spejic,

I sure would like your help.

I have the ECM lumps and bumps from the Hasegawa TA-4J so I'm covered there.  Would like to get the nose cone shape correct (and make resin copies), add the intake scoop on the upper fuselage, and of course, change the cockpit control stick and instrument panel.

I also have the Condor Decals.  They are a little thick for my tastes so I'll try to replace them or maybe try copying them to some thinner decal paper.

I have been wishing some after-market company would make the resin nose, cockpit, and ECM parts for the Fujimi kit and we had some better decals but, after about ten years of begging and hoping, it looks like I'm on my own!

Please PM me at glynnj@swbell.net

Thanks,

WARDOG

Apologies for stepping on your topic, Fred!

• 2 years later...

Old thread, I know, but here's some new info:

Hobby 2000 to date has released six of the Fujimi Skyhawk kits, one with a new part (TA-4J IAF).

43862_rn.jpg

A great place to get them at a really good price (!) and fast handling is Super-Hobby as shown here. The plastic is as good as new, and the decals are excellent

Gene K

Edited by GeneK