Rhino Modelworks A7 Intake question

Hello all

Planning to build the Hasegawa A7E 1/48 with the RM intake. I have read on the forum that RM is a fraud counterfeit product and I would like to know if anyone has used this particular product. I would hate to cut open a model only to realize the intake ain't worth a cent. It looks good to me though. I appreciate your expert comments. Dai   

I think it was established several years ago that Rhino is legit. Accusations were made but no proof was provided by the accuser. I’ve used some of his products and they fit fine. I will order from him again if I ever build a kit that can use his products.

Ben

Ditto what Ben said.  I have several of his intakes and they are well molded and no fit issues.  I understand he is on a short hiatus while moving.  As soon as Rhino products become available on eBay I will order more without hesitation.

13 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

I think it was established several years ago that Rhino is legit. Accusations were made but no proof was provided by the accuser. I’ve used some of his products and they fit fine. I will order from him again if I ever build a kit that can use his products.

Ben

I look at the RM A7 intake versus Cutting Edge and they are NOT copies of each other. The RM is more thought out and leaves no seams to clean up as with the CE. The packaging, instructions, photos are too good to be of cheap fraud copies. I think RM is no longer in business. Dai 

3 hours ago, dai phan said:

I think RM is no longer in business. Dai 

It was posted in another thread a few weeks ago that the owner of Rhino was in the process of moving into a new house.  Once he was settled he plans to cast again.  

The source is a credible source.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:22 AM, dai phan said:

Hello all

Planning to build the Hasegawa A7E 1/48 with the RM intake. I have read on the forum that RM is a fraud counterfeit product and I would like to know if anyone has used this particular product. I would hate to cut open a model only to realize the intake ain't worth a cent. It looks good to me though. I appreciate your expert comments. Dai   

5 hours ago, dai phan said:

I look at the RM A7 intake versus Cutting Edge and they are NOT copies of each other. The RM is more thought out and leaves no seams to clean up as with the CE. The packaging, instructions, photos are too good to be of cheap fraud copies. I think RM is no longer in business. Dai 

If you took a look at the product and concluded that it is NOT a copy, AND state the product, packaging, instructions and photos are superior to the CE set, why would you even bring up the "fraud counterfeit" crap you might have read, as well as make the statement about potentially realizing it "ain't worth a cent"? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

If you took a look at the product and concluded that it is NOT a copy, AND state the product, packaging, instructions and photos are superior to the CE set, why would you even bring up the "fraud counterfeit" crap you might have read, as well as make the statement about potentially realizing it "ain't worth a cent"? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

That is because there was a thread about RM being counterfeit. Usually counterfeit product is of inferior quality. That is why I ask. Look at the Chinese knock offs. DP