Best 1/48 MiG-25?

Wasn’t aware that Aerocraft was doing gear for the kits.  I’ve got the ResKit gear and exhausts for my kits.  Agree that the buildup of the ICM kit is a bit funky in places, especially the boxes for the fuselage and intakes, but it’s probably the best option.  The KH kits have issues, aside from the company being out of business, and the ancient Revell kit just isn’t anywhere in the same league.

14 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Wasn’t aware that Aerocraft was doing gear for the kits.  I’ve got the ResKit gear and exhausts for my kits.  Agree that the buildup of the ICM kit is a bit funky in places, especially the boxes for the fuselage and intakes, but it’s probably the best option.  The KH kits have issues, aside from the company being out of business, and the ancient Revell kit just isn’t anywhere in the same league.

a couple weeks ago I found my Revell Mig25 RBT, and somewhere I have one of Yefrem Gorden's books on the Mig25. Honestly I have not even looked inside in depth (just looking at the bags). It's also a lot bigger than I thought it would be! 

gary

8 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

a couple weeks ago I found my Revell Mig25 RBT, and somewhere I have one of Yefrem Gorden's books on the Mig25. Honestly I have not even looked inside in depth (just looking at the bags). It's also a lot bigger than I thought it would be! 

gary

The newer Revell Mig-25 kit is just a rebox of the ICM kit, which no relation to their old kit.  One plus of the Revell boxing of the RBT is that they corrected the nose compared to original ICM boxing.  Not sure if later issues of the ICM RBT boxing also included the corrected nose.

13 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

The newer Revell Mig-25 kit is just a rebox of the ICM kit, which no relation to their old kit.  One plus of the Revell boxing of the RBT is that they corrected the nose compared to original ICM boxing.  Not sure if later issues of the ICM RBT boxing also included the corrected nose.

I learned that from the previous posts. I have no idea about how it goes together or what other flaws it has

gary

I would love to see some company step up and do an SU-7.   Trumpeter was almost there with their SU-9/11's.   I find that the ICM MiG-25 a very good kit, and certainly a very good starting point for aftermarket additions.  Don't forget that Baracuda Studios also have some resin corrections for the KittyHawk kit, but things like the wheels should be suitable for the ICM.