Has anyone used title flat over Mr Color?  Any issues?  I’m assuming it will work as gloriously as X-22 gloss mixed with Mr Color self leveling, but wanting to see if anyone has had any experience before I proceed.  I just discovered X-22 flat isn’t meant to be a clear coat...if only I’d read first.  I managed to save the interior of a Betty with gloss to counteract the frosting, but I was tenser than a moose’s butt during fly season for a few minutes.

3 minutes ago, rightwinger26 said:

What about thinning with mr color self leveling thinner?  It works for x-22, so I’m assuming it would be fine.

Should work, normally I use the manufacturers recommended thinners, but I have successfully used Mr Color Levelling Thinner with Tamiya paints. Do a test spray first if you want to be sure 

13 hours ago, rightwinger26 said:

...I’ll most definitely shoot an old junker first just to make sure so I don’t have another mild heart attack at far too young an age...

I have a modeling friend who recommended Gunze’s Mr Color GX-100 Super Clear as the best for the gloss coat. After deciding to try it I ordered a bottle from Hong Kong (couldn’t find it from my usual US dealers). Once it arrived I just had to give it a try and to my dismay, the initial application looked more matt than gloss!   Not sure what was happening, but as I continued to spray, it did end giving a nice gloss finish, but geez, the initial impression...