ProModeler 1/48 A-26B Finished 3/26/2020

This will be a what-if marked aircraft from the 13th Bomb Squadron in Korea. 

Gear up, in-flight.

Painted with a base of Mr. Surfacer 1500 black, followed by some panels painted with Tamiya NATO black, and then finally a slight coat of Tamiya Sea Blue to reduce the toy-like mono-black look.  I think it worked.  First photo is before the Sea Blue, last two photos are after the light coat.

Cheers

Collin

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="TzTTFux"><a href="https://imgur.com/TzTTFux">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.

TzTTFux.jpg

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="TzTTFux"><a href="https://imgur.com/TzTTFux">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.comDWrCKoz.jpg

/mieW9eptz.jpgn/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Collin
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s one of the best paint jobs I’ve ever seen! Beautifully done. I’ve never been of a fan of wheels up models, but I might have to make an exception here.

i especially love the way you did the red on the nacelles.

Ive got two unbuilt. This gives me inspiration!

• Collin changed the title to ProModeler 1/48 A-26B Finished 3/26/2020

Man, couldn't wait for this kit to be done, and near the end took off the canopy masks and realized I had leakage and now a good portion of the clear parts look like there is condensation on the inside.  After that, I just wanted to get the thing thrown together and off my bench.  She's painted in in Korean War markings but not a specific aircraft.  So here she is.

XvEL2wF.jpg

3yAZ6lh.jpg

Q3xKMmK.jpg

X3fY43c.jpg

t1MzQcU.jpg

wxYdxwR.jpg

KiEvcDR.jpg