Best choice for a Secret Squirrel B-52G?

Hello all. 

I have the Italeri boxing of the venerable AMT B-52G kit. My game plane is to build a Secret Squirrel plane from the opening night Desert Storm. 

Apart from the wing droop, is there any real advantage to the Model Collect Kit, or should I just stay with the Italeri kit?

Thank you for the feedback. 

Each model has its own set of problems that need to be either fixed or over looked, they also have their own set of pluses too, or in the case of the Italeri kit lack of the same minus points the ModelCollect kit has.

Most people are put off by the wing droop problem with the Italeri kit, that and the details are lacking these days, but as its 27 years old its first release as a B-52H its hardly surprising.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Each model has its own set of problems that need to be either fixed or over looked, they also have their own set of pluses too, or in the case of the Italeri kit lack of the same minus points the ModelCollect kit has.

Most people are put off by the wing droop problem with the Italeri kit, that and the details are lacking these days, but as its 27 years old its first release as a B-52H its hardly surprising.

I know the MC kit needs their $15 upgrade kit to get the wing fairings and extended & corrected tail gun. That set also fixed the nose shape to a degree I understand. What are other big minus points on that kit?

9 hours ago, Spaced Marine said:

I know the MC kit needs their $15 upgrade kit to get the wing fairings and extended & corrected tail gun. That set also fixed the nose shape to a degree I understand. What are other big minus points on that kit?

Theres was already a thread on here about it and the H model.

The problem with the thread is the guys like too mix up subjects so its a bit of a pigs breakfast but its got a little bit of information in there.

Ive got a load of AMT kits myself, and Ive no intention of selling them to get the ModelCollect kits inspite of the stupidly high prices they get on ebay

Partly because that's the kit he already has, but also because I think overall there are several things about the G/H that AMT/Italeri represented better than MC, though Italeri kit certainly has its shortcomings as well.  I've built a couple of the AMT/Italeri but not MC, have only looked at the H in the box, haven't seen the G plastic.

The main things that jump out at me for the MC kit are the oversized external tanks, the poorly represented spoilers, and the nose...even with the correction, the EVS fairings still look a bit off to me, and MC did not define the line between the fuselage and the radome, which at least for me would be challenging to scribe.  As with the AMT/Italeri, you'll still have to come up with most of the antennas.

Lots of observations & opinions throughout this thread covering both G/H versions:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/293753-modelcollect-b-52h/

One of these days I'll build the MC H, even with its issues I think it has potential!

Jonah

Edited by Gator52