Think you will ever finish your stash?

I'll never live that long....starting to see which kits I can live without so watch out in the Buy/Sell forum.  I over 250 1/72 kits, 120ish 1/48 and 20 1/32 kits... I guess the first to sell of would be the 1/72...I guess buying kits over the years is kind of an addiction.   I only finish 4 or 5 a year...

yes, as long as I live the next 3 years till retirement.

I live the expected 18 months after retirement (nasty job) , but overall I am in pretty good shape.

I don't buy any more models....(not likely.)

Only have a stash of 112, and I build at least 30 a year.

12 hours ago, davevw said:

If you stopped buying more models, how many of you think you will finish your stash before you die? I’m 30 years old and my wife doesn’t think I can finish mine. 

I can top that one! I collect records, and last count (by tape measure) I have around 7500 LP's. figuring 45 minutes apiece; I'll be dead before I can play all of them!!!!

gary

49 minutes ago, airmechaja said:

We all admit we have a buying problem but truthfully it's also a Building problem except for phantom...:thumbsup2:

Last year I tried not buying more kits.  I think I ended up getting 5 or 6, so I actually reduced my stash.  In terms of building I try not to overwhelm myself with lots of add-ons and build mostly OOB.  I will do obvious and easy corrections.  Gotta keep things moving.

Geoff M

Storage and display room is another problem.  I can probably display around 100 planes in 1/48th.  About a year ago the shelves were full.  So I pulled down any model that I had unbuilt duplicates (or triplicates or more) and put them in a big box and put them in the recycle bin.  It is getting near time to do that again.  I do try to take photos of all of the builds so that I at least have something to look at.  My wife says I should give them to the grand kids.  My try that too.

Geoff M 

I will, for sure.... because the only thing in my "stash" is a half finished Williams Bro's Electra.    Shelved it after some issues and decided that I'm going to totally nuke it with filler and just finish it as a desktop model. No cockpit... painted on windows, etc...  It will be good practice for bare metal finish and for creating overlapping panel seams.  I'll get back to it as soon as I finish this Kinetic Su-33 nightmare. 

I only got back into this a year and a half ago and I am not planning on accumulating a significant stash of kits.   

I know some of you are probably thinking "yeh, that's what we all said too," but I'm dead serious.   If there's anything that I've learned from having too many hobbies over the years, its that stashing rarely turns out the way I want it to.   I have no interest in collecting and re-selling, so, no significant stashes for me.  

Stashing is almost like a hobby within a hobby.  

Got about 50 or so kits in my stash. Not that many, but I doubt I'll finish them. I build way too slow and health issues aren't helping.  I haven't bought any new kits for a few months now (I'm in withdraw something fierce), but I know there are some kits on the horizon that I will just have to have, even though I have some perfectly fine older versions. Like the expected ZM F-4EJ kits. I have a bunch of Hasegawa kits, with tons of aftermarket, that will build up just fine, but I know I'll get at least one ZM version. Also Kitty Hawk's up coming Su-25 (if it isn't a complete dog). Then Hypersonic's upcoming SR-71. Gotta get that when it shows up. A new Su-27 by GWH, yep.

There is no hope for me. My old lady, should she survive me, will have a ton of modeling crap to deal with. I'll have to write up some instructions on how to sell off or donate it all.

Edited by Mstor
20 hours ago, habu2 said:

And then there are the other hobbies to distract from modeling........  for me it's cars and photography.

AMItN9N.jpg

Nice ride! Smokey and the Bandit movies are among my favorites. In black like yours its an awesome looking car.  I was never a fan of the red or silver Trans Am's (wasn't there a cream color/tan color too? Those were pretty nasty). To me Trans Am's are like the Grand Nationals...any color as long as its black.

:thumbsup: