ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
davevw

Think you will ever finish your stash?

6 hours ago, habu2 said:

Here's a couple. One is at the same event as the first pic, the other is from a couple of years ago on the Hot Rod Power Tour, different wheels/tires.

And yes that's the original paint.  I've been fortunate enough to be able to keep it garaged most of its life.

I9BhYLG.jpg

zY8Jrdy.jpg

That is one sweet ride.   Love the rims.   You don't see many without the t-top and I noticed you don't have the bird on the hood anymore.  Super nice Poncho.

1 hour ago, Drifterdon said:

... I noticed you don't have the bird on the hood anymore.  Super nice Poncho.

Thanks.  The car never had the screaming chicken on the hood, I specifically ordered it without it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Thanks.  The car never had the screaming chicken on the hood, I specifically ordered it without it.

Love it!  I was going to call it that but some T/A owners get offended when you call it that.  So that was the "Chicken Delete" option..... :cheers:

Edited by Drifterdon

No the hood decal was a $95 option that every salesman checked by default.  I did order a "radio delete" option which got me a windshield antenna without a radio installed.

About 90% of '79 Trans Ams (and Formulas) actually had ~185 HP Oldsmobile 403 engines.  If you were in the know and got your order in early you could choose the ~220 HP Pontiac 400 engine.  The Pontiac motor was a $90 option. Choosing between that and a $95 screaming chicken was a no-brainer.

Thanks Habu2 for the info :thumbsup:. I may actually model your car, or at least a similar version without the firebird logo on the hood. It would look good beside the Bandits ride.

Happy modeling!

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

No the hood decal was a $95 option that every salesman checked by default.  I did order a "radio delete" option which got me a windshield antenna without a radio installed.

About 90% of '79 Trans Ams (and Formulas) actually had ~185 HP Oldsmobile 403 engines.  If you were in the know and got your order in early you could choose the ~220 HP Pontiac 400 engine.  The Pontiac motor was a $90 option. Choosing between that and a $95 screaming chicken was a no-brainer.

That is BEAUTIFUL. Awesome. Always thought those were some great looking cars, even though I'm a mustang lover first and foremost.

I saw one just like yours except they had a paint guy go in and paint a ghosted flame "chicken" on the hood. Very subtle and really cool.