Kitty hawk Uh-1N blades

1 hour ago, midnightprowler said:

I have heard the Kittyhawk N kit has D/H blades. Is this correct? If so How can they be converted to N blades?

The easiest and quickest solution calls for a bit of 'kitbashing' and results in building a slightly better UH-1N and UH-1D.

The Italeri UH-1N has the correct rotor blades. However, their UH-1D has the same N rotors, which are incorrect for that version. If you get the Italeri UH-1D, you can use the blades from it to correct the KH UH-1N, then use the incorrect blades from it to replace and correct the blades on the D! 

I am also in the process of drawing up correct blades and having them 3D printed, but not sure how quickly I'll get them done.

The N blade has an added spline down the trailing edge.  The H blade (as in the KH H and N kits) does not have this spline.  It can be added with a strip of sheet styrene down the trailing edge of the blade.

You can see it on the 1/35 Panda/Dragon UH-1D/H blades below, which they incorrectly made as N blades with the spline.   The top blade has already been corrected for a D/H model by removing the spline.  The middle and bottom blades are N blades with the spline.  On the bottom one, the red highlighted part is the N blade spline.

UH-1HDustOffHuey1.jpg

Here is how it looks when the Kitty Hawk UH-1N blades are fixed.  Correction by Michael Benolkin from his review of the kit at Cybermodeler:  https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/kh/kit_kh_80158.shtml

kh_80158_01t.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty