Vallejo states Model Air is ready to spray. I have used it a few times, and it sprays fine out of the bottle. Some people like to thin it, and you can also use Flow Improver which is supposed to help prevent tip dry. 

:soapbox:

Vallejo Air needs to be thinned. Their thinner is best. Don't clean your airbrush with lacquer thinner after use. Use their airbrush cleaner or windshield washer solution. Experimentation is the key.

It all depends on your airbrush setup (needle) and air pressure.
Its possible but not advisable to spray Tamiya acrylics straight from the pot with a high enough air pressure and a large enough needle.

In the normal run or the mill set ups then no you dont need to thin model air any more than it is already. Its sold as pre thinned for airbrushing. But you can thin it down to water and lay on the coats if you want.

Flow improver and or retarder work with it. Flow improver will help it lay smoother, drying retarder will slow the drying time.

• 1 month later...

Although Vallejo says it can be sprayed out of the bottle, you will clog the tip very quickly. I add 25% thinner and 25% flow improver. I prepare the paint in a separate bottles rather than in the paint cup. I used to use Vallejo Model Air but I now switch to Mr Color Lacquer. Way better quality. DP