Best 1/72 Block 50 F-16?

those are F-16C Block 52, to convert the Tamiya kit you need either to sacrifice a Revell or Kinetic kit to steal the small intake and the P&W engine bits, be aware that some also have extra ECM equipment installed on the extension which can be found only on the Kinetic kit and in the overlypriced Hasegawa boxes which sadly contain only one antenna per kit

Luigi

10 hours ago, cag_200 said:

I like to start with some hellenic air force aircraft and not sure which kit best is?

Is it the 1/72 Tamiya CJ with quickboost parahousing (eventually)?

This is exactly what I did and it turned out nicely. 

8 hours ago, Mizar said:

those are F-16C Block 52, to convert the Tamiya kit you need either to sacrifice a Revell or Kinetic kit to steal the small intake and the P&W engine bits, be aware that some also have extra ECM equipment installed on the extension which can be found only on the Kinetic kit and in the overlypriced Hasegawa boxes which sadly contain only one antenna per kit

Luigi

The HAF uses block 30, 50 and 52 jets. 341 and 347 Mira being the main squadrons that’s operate the block 50 type. 

Edited by achterkirch
17 hours ago, achterkirch said:

The HAF uses block 30, 50 and 52 jets. 341 and 347 Mira being the main squadrons that’s operate the block 50 type. 

Most of pictures I saw always showed either earlier or later variants with P&W engine, barely saw any GE engined picture, I suppose those squadrons are kinda shy? 😛

Luigi

1 hour ago, Mizar said:

Most of pictures I saw always showed either earlier or later variants with P&W engine, barely saw any GE engined picture, I suppose those squadrons are kinda shy? 😛

Luigi

Kinda. Might just have to google those squadrons for them to pop up. There’s also some decent stuff on F-16.net

If you have any questions let me know. Also don’t forget to add the bump out things (ECM maybe?) where the nav lights are on the sides of the air intake.  For those I used the ones that come in the Revell kit and modified them to look the part better. 

Edited by achterkirch

Yes, indeed, i need to check out that emitter shape more in detail.

HAF F-16s do they use sniper ATP's? They could but not seen one at a picture.

Edited by cag_200
7 hours ago, cag_200 said:

What about the search light? Only for Block30?

Seems left out for the 50/52.

But here, its a wide mouth, with a search light??

https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2018/01/hellenic-air-force-f-16-viper.html

Yup it’s only found on their block 30

jets. 

as for the targeting pod question right now they only use the older lantrine pod (AN/AAQ-14) and it’s only used by certain squadrons I believe.