NEED HELP! Resin ocean in diorama

Hi all, 

I have been spending the last 1-2 years scratch building the ORCA from the film JAWS. I am nearing it's completion, and have decided I would like this to be in a diorama, in the water. Only problem is, I don't have any idea how to create something that looks like open ocean out of resin. I need to make sure this works correctly, as this model will be trapped in the resin. I saw an article on here by Dana Geraths, but it's more of a shoreline scene, and i am looking for the dark blue water and waves of the open ocean. Any ideas? I can be contacted directly at theastromandy@gmail.com. Thanks much!!

Ben Larson

Hyun Soo Kim from South Korea

You can message this guy from South Korea, and possibly get some good advice on how to

create your resin water diorama. I've copied links to his Facebook page, he's what we would

call a Master Modeler.

Bruce's Scale Modeling Domain

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.503034199788697&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/BrucesScaleModelingDomain/photos/a.503034199788697/1397211210370987/?type=3&theater

Depending on how deep you want it there is a gold mine of information on YouTube.  I'll try to find a few types, i.e hand down Luke Towan has an awesome tutorial for the waves and top of the ocean, and I know I've seen a couple with uboats in the sea too. They might not be exact to what your diorama will be but the techniques can be universally applied.

Luke Towan - lighthouse 

I couldn't find the one with the uboat, however, I did find one with a whale by searching sea diorama.

Hope these help a little! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...