So I thought I made this topic a while back but I guess I didn't!  I got all my parts together for this build as well. The Main kit is Revell and I was able to find the Renaissance PE+Resin kit and my plan with this *as of now* is to model the current version of my local Life Flight that I got to see growing up. That operator is Cleveland Metro Health Life Flight - the challenge is going to be paint/decals. IF there was a large scale S-76 Kit I would have definitely done that but the EC-145 is growing on me. I do have some backup paint schemes in mind in case the Metro Health one does not pan out but that is a bridge for a later time. 

Here is a link to some artwork by Lian Media that shows the Metro Health Scheme. Link to Below Photo01_METRO_LIFE_FLIGHT_EC145_N261MH_2048x.

20200304_195842e.jpg

Edited by OMWorks
adjusted Link

Well I was originally going to get it from Aviation Megastore but they were out at the moment. I ended up getting it right from Renaissance themselves. It was a little pricey to get it that way, but it was the full kit - i.e not just the PE. So i think all in was $104 but that will depend on the conversion rates and shipping. The full kit was around 55 EUR and shipping was 30 EUR and then because I used paypal they added $8 in fees. 

Yeah shipping definitely caught me off guard. But I had a little extra from some overtime so I splurged. If aviation megastore has some back in stock their prices/shipping could be better. 

Right! Probably the closest chance we have is Andy's Hobby Headquarters but even that is probably slim since everywhere else I saw online was out of the Renaissance kits but they had it ready within 3 days. It seems like they were filling or producing to order only but I'm not positive. If so that could make distribution hard. 

Yep.  These guys are stationed practically in my backyard. I have walk around photos and I actually have the decal artwork in progress for the 1/32 145. 

I have a set of Pittsburgh Allagheny Life Flight for the 145 I printed and working on the 1/32 135.  Man, the work hours I work varies from 10-13 hour days.  Not much free time until vacation.

Your build will be fun to follow.  You're not far from me. 

Edited by AirMedical

Awesome! I've done my fair share of photos of the S76s from the airshow too! Been a while since the new 145s though. I was close to the Portage base up until 3 years ago. Now I'm under the approach path to firelands so i at least get to hear and see em still! 

Interesting about the decal progress too. Thsts something I know I'll have to plan out or paint at the least! And as Metro Health was my top choice this is good news 😜

Could make artwork and cut most out as masks as well, the kit should be large enough in 32nd to paint almost everything except perhaps tiny logo markings...

Maybe someone you know owns a Silhouette Cameo cutter to cut the masks...

Good Idea, those Craft cutters sure do come in handy for hobbies. I know I was looking into a Cri-cut or the brother one for styrene cutting for Model Railroading. I had forgotten about the Silhouette Cameo, i might know someone with one of those!