Can you flight w. your wife/girlfriend in one crew ?

Hi mates !

I have an idea to story - but plot is a guy is pilot and his WSO is his own wife/girlfriend. It is a real, or you can´t service with your spouse in one combat crew ? (On USAF F-15E or NAVY/Marine Super Hornet...). Or it is restricted ?

And in Law enforcement you can service with your spouse as classic Road Patrol ?

When I was army, hook ups happened all the time. However marriage was rare.

Last 30 years, I have been in law enforcement. We USED to try to keep couples in separate areas, however with human rights complaints it ended up being too much of a headache. That said, most couples I know would dread the idea of a 12 hour shift with honey-bunny then go home with them.

Logically,  when a male partner sees his wife abused he might use too much force dealing with the situation, In the same way the wife is more likely to help the assailant.

Hmm, when i understand, wife and husband isn´t likely in one crew - because he has a problem with "submarine" - and later coming it into divorce, or you can have unadequate reaction in style: "You can´t mess with my Wife !" and used "brutal force" against criminal ? 

And Canadian Police force is most similar with United Kingdom or  European style of policing - on common criminiality, withnin  many violent crimes (because Canada is more Liberal as USA) and USA are specific with any Cityzen can held gun because it is a constitution right and US Police is for this reason a "small army" and exist here a problems with gang wars, assaulting with gun etc... than in EU ? Or it is similar to US Law Enforcement ? (Police officers must rating with this they can must used a weapon with highly probability or it is about "cityzen common criminality with thefts, drunked drivers and with low violent crimes ? (Fight in Pub, Domestic violence and with low count of murders - as in Europe ?) I lookin on Canada as more European Country similiar to Britain, than USA, what was for me in many reasons specific (and when i used a term Law Enforcement i think US Police corps (small army), not European style of police work. But i live in central Europe and here was most specific - "everybody is friendly here" and violent crimes was on low counts.  Thefts, Burglars, but not murders - probably high count are "domestic murders" beyond - spouses... Which was typical for Canada ? 

Thank you 🙂 

I'm not aware of any organization that allows a supervisory relationship to exist between related or involved people.

A co-worker relationship is not at all uncommon in my direct experience, but the fields are different than your focus. 

Our Liberal government has given the rights to the criminals. In the past force being used was common. As long as the paperwork was good. Today, everything, no matter how above-board is gone through with several fine tooth combs.

Crap,. even if I am assaulted at work, (max security prison) the Client (formally known as inmate) can not do more then 5 days in what used to be segregation without a ministers review. 15 absolute maximum, even if he kills me. Oh, and seg now gets tvs and 2 hours of meaningful social interaction.

There is a new term for seg, I refuse to use...…..I just call it Happy bunny land.

But back to the first question, yes partners in life can now-a-days work together. Not that many of us do.

In my profession it's quite common for husbands and wives or other... um... lifestyle domestic "partnerships" to work together. The problem is when they break up and the guy has to fly with his ex-bf is where I see the problems.

It's sickening

We have several husband/wife or partner teams working here, but not in the same office, so no conflict of interest arises.  I believe that the US military will co-locate married couples, but not in the same unit or office (if assigned to a staff). As Scott said, after dealing with my male & female co-workers for 10-12 hours a day, I am more than happy to go home to my wife, and she is more than happy to see me!  Problem solved!

23 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Inmates in a maximum security prison are referred to as "clients"?

O.M.G.

Yep. Not by those of us that worked there for 30 years. But all the social workers and management types do.

I've never heard of a spouse and husband

On 3/6/2020 at 11:01 AM, Dutch said:

We have several husband/wife or partner teams working here, but not in the same office, so no conflict of interest arises.  I believe that the US military will co-locate married couples, but not in the same unit or office (if assigned to a staff). As Scott said, after dealing with my male & female co-workers for 10-12 hours a day, I am more than happy to go home to my wife, and she is more than happy to see me!  Problem solved!

The US Army will do its best to locate a married couple within a geographic region under the Married Army Couples Program. This easy for lower enlisted and certain career fields that most installations have. For officers who are on a certain track it does become difficult when you get past Major.  For Law Enforcement in the Army its actually common to have married couples working (junior enlisted). In larger outfits you could place them in different companies with limited to no interaction. For smaller LE Detachments and specialized units its the Commander's or the Director of Emergency Service's call. 

We had several married F-15E crew over the years when I was in.  Typically they were not in the same squadron, although some were attached to fly in the same squadron (ex, one spouse OSS, but flew in same ops squadron as the spouse).    All combos: Pilot - Pilot, Pilot-WSO, WSO-WSO.  The Pilot - WSO combos weren’t allowed to fly in the same jet together.  It was, however, good-to-go for any combo to be airborne at the same time, even in the same flight, although that didn’t happen a tremendous amount of time.   When I worked in the scheduling shop, I liked putting a spouse in the red air formation (bad guys) opposite the other spouse in blue air.  I figured I was helping their marriage 😂😉

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

All I know is, it's a mistake very often, to do the same work as your spouse. it causes animosity and jealousy when one gets promoted ahead of, or trained on different equipment with more "prestige" etc. It turned my previous relationship sour very fast...

On 3/5/2020 at 7:12 AM, phantom said:

When I was army, hook ups happened all the time. However marriage was rare.

Last 30 years, I have been in law enforcement. We USED to try to keep couples in separate areas, however with human rights complaints it ended up being too much of a headache. That said, most couples I know would dread the idea of a 12 hour shift with honey-bunny then go home with them.

Logically,  when a male partner sees his wife abused he might use too much force dealing with the situation, In the same way the wife is more likely to help the assailant.

WINNER!

I see "Can you flight w. your wife/girlfriend in one crew ?" morphing in to "Can you fight w. your wife/girlfriend in one crew ?"
Imagine one as pilot and one as navigator:

"Turn right thirty degrees at the VOR."
"I thought it was twenty-nine."
"It's thirty."
"Are you sure?" 

"It is thirty."

"Did you look again?"
"I said it is thirty."
" I'm sure it was twenty-nine."
"You always want to be the one in control."

"And you are always loose with your precision."

"No I don't, just when something needs to be done in a timely manner and everyone is sitting around lollygagging and progress that NEEDS to happen isn't happening.
"I'm not always loose with my precision, just sometimes when it doesn't really matter."

Actually, that conversation could happen with any two people.

🤔

But mostly, I remember riding with my parents a couple decades ago to visit my now retired brother at Fort Hood, 

They got in to a big argument over which numbered highway to get on next ...

And it was one of those ones with half a dozen route numbers running combined on it  ...
And the map had the different route numbers spread out, not grouped in one place ...

So, their argument was not all their fault ...
I looked over their shoulders at the map then decided to keep my mouth shut in order to see how the thing played out. 🙂