ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Sturm

A new tool 1/48 A-10C

Do we have any hope that Tamiya or some other established manufacturer will bring out a new tool A-10C in the future?

the italeri is a joke requiring a ton of aftermarket 

Tamiya holds their cards very tight to their chest.  No way to know.  As for other manufacturers, no one has announced anything.  My opinion, we have 4 manufacturers (Tamiya, Monogram, Italeri, Hobby Boss) who have released the 1/48 A-10s over the past few decades.  The A-10 does not rise to the level of demand (desirability) of a P-51 or ME/BF-109 so probably not on any manufacturers hot list right now.

Geoff M

Unfortunately none of the manufacturers have released a decent A-10C. The hobbyboss is an A-10A while the so called italeri A-10C is anything but. The cockpit is awful with decals from their a-10a release

Why don't you try to improve Monogram's A-10? Can't be that hard - is it?

24 minutes ago, SERNAK said:

Why don't you try to improve Monogram's A-10? Can't be that hard - is it?

May I remind you the monogram is an A-10A not a C

Externally the only differences of the A and the C are lumps and bumps, most of which can be acquired in aftermarket sets, or you could go for the Hobby Boss or Italeri A-10A/C kits and just modify the instrument panel. I doubt Tamiya would retool their A-10A kit any time soon. But there are decent kits out there.

1 hour ago, Winnie said:

, or you could go for the Hobby Boss or Italeri A-10A/C kits and just modify the instrument panel. I doubt Tamiya would retool their A-10A kit any time soon.

...and glareshield and stick and throttle grips. A ripe opportunity for an aftermarket set.  

It took literally decades but Tamiya did retool (actually all new tool) their 1/48 F-16 kit. So there is hope. 

On 3/9/2020 at 7:42 PM, Sturm said:

May I remind you the monogram is an A-10A not a C

Yeap, I know that. I was referring to the external modifications that are possible to make in order to convert an "A" to a "C". Can't be that hard, especially if you got the right references.

Posted (edited)

I said this in another thread, but it bears repeating: be careful

wishing for a Tamiya A-10C, as they might follow the Hasegawa route and release their old Hawg kit with new decals. 

Edited by RedHeadKevin

I’m tired of the “what’s wrong with the Monogram kit?” answer. I have 30 or more reasons why I’m not building a Monogram A-10 - one reason for each year it’s been out. I’m not interested in exercising the modeling skill (which I do have) I would need to bring that “classic” up to modern standards. Just like I’m not buying a 1987 Buick and turning it into a Tesla.

I want to build a well-engineered kit of what seems to be a very popular subject. I had the Hobby Boss kit not long ago, and sold it, and could certainly buy another. At this point, though, I have more than enough to keep me busy, and if a company like Tamiya steps up, my money will be waiting.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:35 PM, andrew.deboer said:

I’m tired of the “what’s wrong with the Monogram kit?” answer. I have 30 or more reasons why I’m not building a Monogram A-10 - one reason for each year it’s been out. I’m not interested in exercising the modeling skill (which I do have) I would need to bring that “classic” up to modern standards. Just like I’m not buying a 1987 Buick and turning it into a Tesla.

I want to build a well-engineered kit of what seems to be a very popular subject. I had the Hobby Boss kit not long ago, and sold it, and could certainly buy another. At this point, though, I have more than enough to keep me busy, and if a company like Tamiya steps up, my money will be waiting.

Applause