CD48178- 1/48 B-57 Canberra

No need for intricate masking for the tail serial numbers - these numbers have the appropriate silver or FS16473 background.

canb2.jpg

canb1.jpg

Edited by KursadA
On 3/17/2020 at 6:45 AM, Dutch said:

@KursadA, Do you think your 3D source will also reduce the 1:48 EB-57E chaff pods to 1:72 scale as well?  I will buy 2 sets then. K/r, Dutch

FWIW, when I made my pods for my 1/72 build (still in progress) I made three...and sent the third just today to someone who *might* produce them....I made them according to actual dimensions supplied to me, then recalculated for 1/72, but we'll see if it makes the grade....:pray:

Kursad, when you scale the sheet down to 1/72, please consider printing the tail serial numbers twice, one with the silver or FS16473 background and one without. With so much color variation from one paint manufacturer to the next, I'm always paranoid about colors not matching. I don't mind a bit of masking to get it right. Looking forward to this sheet!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, KursadA said:

Just some very early, incomplete drafts to give you an idea - please do not read too much into these. I will include a couple of Vietnam B-57B's (including 888, the first US jet bomber to deploy bombs in anger), perhaps a B-57G or a Patricia Lynn, postwar jets from VT and 17th DSES, maybe a target tug and the 363TRW Shaw AFB RB-57A suggested by Spruemeister.

b57promos.jpg 

I thought you were going to include 888?  Will that be on another sheet?

Cameron

1 hour ago, Cameron Lynch said:

I thought you were going to include 888?  Will that be on another sheet?

Cameron

It was not possible to fit everything I wanted on one sheet - there will be a Vietnam War B-57 sheet later with 888 on it, as well as RB-57Es, B-57Gs and so on.

May I suggest the following Martin B-57B Canberra decal scheme?  In Warpaint #45 B-57 Canberra.  On pages 8 and 11, I saw a profile and photos of the "Black Knights" display team based in Laon France from the 38th TBG.  The B-57Bs were in gloss black with orange scallops on tail, nose, stabilizers and wings.  I thought they were cool if you want to see them.

• 4 weeks later...

KursadA

Looking forward to the 72 Vietnam sheet. Crewed the RB-57E's at Tan Son Nhut. Big B-57 fan! I'll take 3 sheets. Got lots of Italeri 57's to build.

Thank you for producing such great sheets. It IS appreciated.

DET1460

On 6/13/2020 at 12:00 AM, KursadA said:

... there will be a Vietnam War B-57 sheet later ...

Nice!  Will there be black belly SEA camo aircraft on that sheet?  (like 53-3840 above?)

Wasn't the B-57 the first official USAF aircraft to drop bombs in the Vietnam war?

Does anyone know what unit that was?  I'm assuming silver and no camo aircraft at that time.

I always thought these were really good looking aircraft in any scheme  (except for the -G)

Edited by dmk0210
  • 2 years later...