Hello all - 

I am just starting a Hasegawa A-4 build. I am planning on either a A-4E or A-4F from VA-155 during the Vietnam War. Planned load out is TERs on the inboards with slant loaded MK82 snake-eyes and LAU-10 Zuni pods on the outboards with a center line fuel tank. Does anyone know which tank is appropriate in that config in that time frame? Either the 300 gallon or the 400 gallon? I have both from Phase Hanger Resin, just can't really tell which is correct, or could it be either one?

Thanks for the help

Mike

23 hours ago, Skinny_Mike said:

Hello all - 

I am just starting a Hasegawa A-4 build. I am planning on either a A-4E or A-4F from VA-155 during the Vietnam War. Planned load out is TERs on the inboards with slant loaded MK82 snake-eyes and LAU-10 Zuni pods on the outboards with a center line fuel tank. Does anyone know which tank is appropriate in that config in that time frame? Either the 300 gallon or the 400 gallon? I have both from Phase Hanger Resin, just can't really tell which is correct, or could it be either one?

Thanks for the help

Mike

The 400 gallon tank would be appropriate for the centerline with the loadout you are doing.

GW

that would seem like a very heavy load out for the A4, but quite do-able. Probably (just guessing) have to be from land. The A4's in Chu Lai were loaded similarly a lot of the time, and used an honest 8,000 feet of runway to clear the tree line on the north end of the runway. Can the do that from a carrier? I don't know.

gary

If the steam cats on a 27-Charlie Essex boat can shoot a loaded KA-3 whale off, I don't think they'd have any problem with a Scooter with 3K lbs ofweapons and a centerline tank.  A loaded LAU-10 weighs about the same as a MK-82 Snakeeye.

21 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

If the steam cats on a 27-Charlie Essex boat can shoot a loaded KA-3 whale off, I don't think they'd have any problem with a Scooter with 3K lbs ofweapons and a centerline tank.  A loaded LAU-10 weighs about the same as a MK-82 Snakeeye.

makes a lot of sense! The only A4's I ever was around came out of Chu Lai, and the always left with everything but the kitchen sink!

gary