Caracal Decals models gallery

These are beautiful - I had to look twice at Albert's Harrier and F-101 to make sure they were not 1/48 scale models.  And Andrew's DC-130 is a beauty - I like these uncommon Herks so much that I would like to do a sheet dedicated to drone controllers, Arctic birds etc. one day.

@Dutch yes, this is the newer(ish) Airfix kit. It is a very nice kit, went together like a Tamiya kit. 👍

@KursadA Thank you for the kudos, and for releasing this sheet! These decals were a pleasure to use, plus I really like the options on the sheet.

Cheers,

Albert

Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 52 South Carolina ANG

IMG_1111_zpspfnjqmai.jpg 

Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 52 Royal Moroccan Air Force

IMG_1016_zps9306707a.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 30 Texas ANG

IMG_1014_zps9b30075f.jpg

Academy 1/48 MiG-29 Fulcrum North Korean Air Force

IMG_0571.jpg

Skunkmodels 1/48 MQ-9 Reaper RAF

IMG_0351.jpg

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Andy, Love the Mainiacs Voodoo, a favorite of mine. 1/72 Revell kit? K/r, Dutch 

Thanks Dutch, yep, 1/72 Revell, Pavla cockpit, landing lights replaced with superior items.  Never had an ounce of interest in the Voodoo 'til I saw those markings. :cheers:

Realized that I had not taken pictures of the Valom B-45A Tornado that I had built for FSM review AFTER I had stripped off the kit decals and replaced them with the Caracal items. So, here's how it looks now:

DSCN9726_zpstdss74vw.jpg

2 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

Realized that I had not taken pictures of the Valom B-45A Tornado that I had built for FSM review AFTER I had stripped off the kit decals and replaced them with the Caracal items. So, here's how it looks now:

DSCN9726_zpstdss74vw.jpg

Superb finish Paul.   What paint did you use for the silver?   I'm still looking for a replacement for my Floquil Old Silver...

On 5/13/2020 at 11:15 PM, Blowtorch said:

Nice builds, Stephen. What paint did you use for that South Carolina F-16?

Thanks for the kind words, the paint used was Hataka.

Minicraft’s KC-135R with decals for MI ANG. Fun build and great decals. I’m looking forward to a 135A/E sheet to do another. 

5862441-D-B649-4-CFD-BDEA-410-A2-E3-EDA9

701-AA3-C7-911-A-4-CFC-8-B40-042065-D285

Edited by okthree

Excellent builds, Stephen - thanks a lot for sending these photos. FYI, Stephen is the very first customer of Caracal Models.

I really like Paul's B-45 : I think it's a good-looking aircraft in its own way and Paul's model reflects it very well. I am always amazed at the sheer quantity and quality of Paul's model output, and it's great to see Caracal decals on some of those.

okthree: that KC-135 is beautiful.I have not seen the MI ANG special scheme used before - it really looks great. Where are the windshield decals from? If I ever reprint this sheet, I will definitely include the windshield markings.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

okthree: that KC-135 is beautiful.I have not seen the MI ANG special scheme used before - it really looks great. Where are the windshield decals from? If I ever reprint this sheet, I will definitely include the windshield markings.

Kurasad,

Thank you for the compliments.  The MI ANG is definitely one of the more colorful options.

I really enjoyed the decals.  They preformed great and I had zero problems with them.  The windshield decal came from your C-135 Family General Purpose sheet.  My only complaint would be that I would have liked to have more general markings available on the sheet or the general purpose sheet, ie. the ANG on the vertical stab, flags, windows, etc.  There are about three other schemes I’d like to build off the 135R sheet. 

Mark

Edited by okthree
8 hours ago, KursadA said:

I really like Paul's B-45 : I think it's a good-looking aircraft in its own way and Paul's model reflects it very well. I am always amazed at the sheer quantity and quality of Paul's model output, and it's great to see Caracal decals on some of those.

Aw shucks, folks. I'm speechless!

With everything going on, I was looking for a quick build.  The Trumpeter JF-17 seemed like a good kit and got it down.  For some reason, the I find the shape of this aircraft interesting.  Also, I got inspiration from Aigore in this thread http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/254336-jf-17-thunder/

The kit is ok.  You have to test fit most pieces and do clean up on the parts.  My intent was to do a closed canopy but it'd did fit well enough to go that route.  So, last minute change.  I used Caracal decals.   

Thanks,

Rodney

UMvSXMv.jpg

EUNBnEg.jpg

tI57Ote.jpg

3IssRrK.jpg

• MarcB changed the title to Caracal Decals models gallery
  • eraucubsfan pinned this topic