Caracal Decals models gallery

6 hours ago, Da SWO said:

98% finished, clear coat on a few spots and mounting on the display base.  This is a present for a retired AF MSgt.

1/144 C9A model

Really nice build.   Looks great.  DC-9 is such a cool looking plane.   Had the chance to fly on one going from Elmendorf AFB to Eielson AFB back in the mid 80's.  

On 11/19/2020 at 10:40 PM, Drifterdon said:

Really nice build.   Looks great.  DC-9 is such a cool looking plane.   Had the chance to fly on one going from Elmendorf AFB to Eielson AFB back in the mid 80's.  

Love it, love it, love it.  

9 hours ago, KursadA said:

Someone is painting an Edwards F-4 but does not trust the opacity of the white-bordered national insignia on the decal sheet, and thinks he will be better off masking it 🙂

I hope I didn’t offend you or your decal’s opacity.  😀

Your decals are fabulous, but I do this for all “white decals over international orange” models after a 1/72 Hasegawa F9F-8 Cougar disaster years ago.  

On 11/24/2020 at 9:05 AM, AD-4N said:

I hope I didn’t offend you or your decal’s opacity.  😀

Your decals are fabulous, but I do this for all “white decals over international orange” models after a 1/72 Hasegawa F9F-8 Cougar disaster years ago.  

Totally understandable - I am looking forward to seeing more progress photos!

12 hours ago, Corey said:

already tried it, still bled through.  That International Orange sure is persistent!  

The Force is strong with International Orange, for sure.  

I think it is the line of transition that causes the trouble - the bleed-through wouldn't have been that obvious if the entire insignia sat on an orange area..

I will address this on future designs when the insignia sits on a transition like this.

In the meantime, please keep sending your excellent build photos. I enjoyed following Paul's YF-23 builds on Britmodeler and I am looking forward to seeing the ongoing FJ-2 and NF-4 projects finished as well.

Edited by KursadA
17 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I think it is the line of transition that causes the trouble - the bleed-through wouldn't have been that obvious if the entire insignia sat on an orange area..

That is absolutely correct.  The white intake warnings look really good in my opinion.

C8E399A1-3410-44DB-BFC6-9E491D08E60F.jpeg

Fixed it!  I sprayed a bit of white paint over the bottom layer decal, then placed a second decal over the top and was able to disappear that demarcation line.

on to the next self-imposed modeling obstacle!  🙂

F13E826A-A005-4F2B-9386-6B7BC0150CF5.jpeg

• MarcB changed the title to Caracal Decals models gallery