Caracal Decals models gallery

4 hours ago, Collin said:

By far some of the best decals I have ever used.  They are thin so be careful..... but so worth it.

Cheers and Merry Christmas all!!

Collin

Nice work, Collin! May I ask what paint(s) you used to capture the orange/red color?

45 minutes ago, thegoodsgt said:

Nice work, Collin! May I ask what paint(s) you used to capture the orange/red color?

Entire model primed with Alcads white primer and sanded back. Orange is Model Master International Orange enamel thinned with MLT. When all done with the orange I did a very thin flash coat of MLT which made it glossy. Then I hung it in the basement next to our gas furnace to bake the orange coat on (since it was very tacky) for 3 days or so....Rock hard & impervious to all the follow on masking for the NMF and black walkway areas. 

Cheers

Collin 

That F-4 turned out great, Collin!

I finally got around to taking some crappy cell phone pics of the Monogram AV-8A I built in November. Caracal decals, a Master Models brass pitot tube, and some Airfix drop tanks, with Mr Color paint.  

9UaWo9i.jpg

RpgJAtq.jpg

Ben

1/48 Italeri AH-1W with markings for HMLA-367.  This was built for a classmate of mine who is a pilot for HMLA-367.  The Olympik update set was not available easily, and she didn’t really care about having shrouded exhausts so we went with the vintage 1993 kit in all its glory.  Hard to believe nobody has made a newer version 1/48.  Mission Models paints, GX-113 as the flat coat, combination of Tamiya PLW and The Detailer for a mild wash, with exhaust and dirt from Scalecolors.  Hairspray chipping on the rotor blades.

Great job on the Monogram AV-8A!!!!!  Hard to believe it’s been the best early Harrier lo these many years until the 2020 Kinetic kit.

Well done, great craftsmanship and paint.

• 2 weeks later...

For 2021, I'm going to build only Desert Storm subjects to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the conflict. To kick it off, I went with the "face of the air war of Desert Storm", the F-117A.

1/48 Tamiya kit, PJ Productions pilot figure, and of course Caracal Models decals. I did not put a gloss coat on this prior to decals. Tamiya NATO Black (XF-69), then buffed with an old soft t-shirt.

IMG-2110.jpg

IMG-2111.jpg

IMG-2112.jpg

IMG-2113.jpg

IMG-2112.jpg

Edited by 82Whitey51
3 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

For 2021, I'm going to build only Desert Storm subjects to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the conflict. To kick it off, I went with the "face of the air war of Desert Storm", the F-117A.

1/48 Tamiya kit, PJ Productions pilot figure, and of course Caracal Models decals. I did not put a gloss coat on this prior to decals. Tamiya NATO Black (XF-69), then buffed with an old soft t-shirt.

IMG-2110.jpg

IMG-2111.jpg

IMG-2112.jpg

IMG-2113.jpg

IMG-2112.jpg

Dang Andy.   You knocked that one out of the park!   Super Stealth there.

44 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

Dang Andy.   You knocked that one out of the park!   Super Stealth there.

Thank you, sir! It was a fun build, good times playing with making a black jet look black while trying not to use a whole lotta black...yeah 🙃

14 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Thanks man!

S-3B Viking up next (VS-22 bird). I may need to hit you up for gouge. S-3B...but still with the MAD boom???

Yep, MAD boom and all the sono tubes. -22 and I think -31 had B’s during DS1, the rest were A’s. I might be off on that, my references are in the basement.  

Cheers

Collin