Caracal Decals models gallery

On 1/11/2021 at 3:04 PM, KursadA said:

Really nice F-117 - I don't know how you pulled off this finish without a gloss coat, but it looks awesome.

Thank you sir, and thanks again for putting out the decal sheet with some great options!

As for the finish, light coats of flat NATO Black, and buffing with a soft t-shirt prior to laying down the decals. I did put a couple of coats of Testors Dull Coat over it to seal it all up...though under lights it does appear to show a bit of a sheen.

I am glad all the time I spent squinting to read the stencilling in those ancient photos was not for nothing - a lot of them are readable and I am sure you will find it to be a vast improvement over the inaccurate kit stencilling.

Too bad the first batch sold out so quickly - but I will definitely do a reprint along with the FJ-3 sheets.

Edited by KursadA

Yes the stencils are awesome Kursad! I’m glad you spent time on them too! They are most definitely readable!  

As I look at my photos, I’m spotting areas I of paint I wish I touched up before decaling.  In the future, I might use photos to spot errors as I work.

Edited by Corey
On 1/16/2021 at 5:15 PM, AD-4N said:

My goodness, that is gorgeous.  Any WIP article??  If my Fury looks 1/10 as good I’d be ecstatic.

I have only a few WIP photos, but i did a little two post write up of my build here: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=2031166&share_tid=520795&share_pid=2770790&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tapatalk.com%2Fgroups%2Fhyperscale%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D2770790%23p2770790&share_type=t&link_source=app

Beautiful just beautiful 

i have this this on the bench now to do in USMC decals. After seeing this I may do Navy. Love the international orange/white. 

The aircraft data (stenciling) is very worth the effort as it just sets this model off. So accurate. As an aircraft mechanic both in the Marine Corps and civilian I appreciate those details, and accuracy. 

Well done Sir!  Bravo Zulu!

13 hours ago, YF65_CH53E said:

The aircraft data (stenciling) is very worth the effort as it just sets this model off. So accurate. As an aircraft mechanic both in the Marine Corps and civilian I appreciate those details, and accuracy. 

Thanks - I was hoping you could help with the stencilling for the CH-53 (only twin engine variants for now) sheet in the works. I will post some images with my questions in the CH-53 thread later in the week.

• 2 weeks later...