Caracal Decals models gallery

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

Mr. Color fluorescent orange over Tamiya fine white primer. You HAVE TO put fluorescents on white as they are quite translucent. Try saying "translucent fluorescent" five times real fast!😜

Thanks Paul for the info.   I can't even say translucent fluorescent once let alone five times!   LOL

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

Mr. Color fluorescent orange over Tamiya fine white primer. You HAVE TO put fluorescents on white as they are quite translucent. Try saying "translucent fluorescent" five times real fast!😜

Or try spelling them together just once!  Looks great Paul! 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:49 AM, Geoff M said:

The Monogram kit is OK.  If you want to have better result I would go with a Hasegawa F-15.  I haven't built one of those in a while but I know it is supposed to be a C model.  Shouldn't be too hard to backdate to an A model.  I don't have any experience with the Tamiya kit but I believe it isn't up to their current standards being released back in the 70's.  I believe the current version of the Monogram kit has been updated to be a C model with the featherless burner cans and is now in the Revell line but it does lack a bit of finesse and detail, but it still builds up to a nice looking kit.  hope this helps.

Geoff M

Just to finish a thought, removal of the Turkey Feathers wasn't just a C model thing, the A's (B's or D's that we had either) didn't use the Turkey feathers either, only very early ones had them in place. None of the jets at Luke had them when I was there in '82 and I believe they'd been gone for quite some time. 

You are correct, removing the turkey feathers wasn't a C/D model change.  But when Monogram/Revell made that change to the kit they started calling it a C model. I guess I didn't make that clear.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Geoff M

• 4 weeks later...

Here are a few photos of my model of the 3rd F-14A Tomcat prototype. It was built using the Matchbox kit plus a few additions and of course Caracal decals. It was built as part of the Matchbox Kit GB on Britmodeller.

TyX6kFg.jpg

6ZP8gDf.jpg

CH9P1L1.jpg

MoEykOT.jpg

NtnXC1Z.jpg

3rlzsYl.jpg

6Q7Dpzf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my 1/72 scale Hasegawa F-111A Aardvark using Caracal's decals. It depicts one of the Varks stationed at Takhli, Thailand, during the spring of 1973 when I was stationed there as an Air Force photographer. The load of 24 500-pound Mk.82s was impressive! I used Mr. Color lacquers and LF Models vinyl camouflage mask set. The bombs and ECM pods came from the Hasegawa weapons sets.

DSCN0343.JPG

DSCN0344.JPG

DSCN0347.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, swimmer25k said:

I threw some Caracal markings for a NWEF TA-7C on my Skyshark.  

I dig it.  

Chris 

Thats sick!!!

Edited by ST0RM