Caracal Decals models gallery

Revell C5A Galaxy.  I was "Kursing" as I applied the walkway stripes . . . .  The decal film is probably around around 1/32" wide.  VERY delicate, but I persevered and over the course of a week, decaled the model.

SDC16333.JPG

SDC16339.JPG

SDC16343.JPG

SDC16344.JPG

SDC16348.JPG

Edited by Rod D
Text update

Rod, that is not an easy kit to build or decal, but you have done a beautiful job!  I like the custom stand!  Somehow, it adds a little "flash" to the Galaxy, which if you have ever seen one takeoff, you know it needs!  Great work!  K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
9 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

Beautifu! That's what I want to do with my Anigrand Giant Castings 1/72 Galaxy. I had to get the Draw Digital $ilk decals to do it, though.

Thanks Paul.  1/72 C5?  Holy *^%$, that thing will be huge!!

4 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Rod, that is not an easy kit to build or decal, but you have done a beautiful job!  I like the custom stand!  Somehow, it adds a little "flash" to the Galaxy, which if you have ever seen one takeoff, you know it needs!  Great work!  K/r, Dutch

Thanks Dutch.  Actually that stand came with the kit.  I was happy to see that, because I wanted to build the kit in clean configuration.

I already have the old I.D. Models vac kit built back in the early '90s. It's in pretty rough shape and wasn't all that great to begin with. The Anigrand kit is better but still a massive undertaking and a huge result (for a plastic model). It's even bigger than a 1/32 scale B-17! Or a 1/72 VC-25 747!

s1020516375small.jpg

Rod's Revell C-5 turned out very nice - I really enjoy seeing these built in the white over gray scheme.

And Paul's excellent work and dedication to completing his extensive 1/72 collection is always impressive.

5 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I already have the old I.D. Models vac kit built back in the early '90s. It's in pretty rough shape and wasn't all that great to begin with. The Anigrand kit is better but still a massive undertaking and a huge result (for a plastic model). It's even bigger than a 1/32 scale B-17! Or a 1/72 VC-25 747!

I remember reading the magazine the where you did the review, I thought it was really cool how you tackled that huge project. 

And to keep on topic .. I really need to build something with Caracal decals ..  I have so many sheets but have yet to use one 😳

• 2 weeks later...

Scott, You did a beautiful job on the archaic ex-Hawk T-33 build.  You accurately report it's strengths (?)and weaknesses, and note that it still represents a T-33.  And you did a beautiful job painting and applying the Caracal decals.  Two thumbs up! 😎 Kind regrds, Dutch

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice!!  I think we have seen excellent builds from each of the "Early Years" sheets save for the Tomcat - and I hope to see a test/development F-14 build soon.

6 hours ago, AD-4N said:

Not mine, but it is the version I want to eventually build using our favorite decal manufacturer.  This modeler did a great job, I think .  

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235092938-148-monogram-fsd-fa-18a-hornet-the-covid-19-edition/

lQf6ekW.jpg

Painting white is tough. 

A great set of decals. I have the Testors two seat Hornet ready for the Red/White scheme....but needed a break after this kit was finished. 

Cheers

Collin

• 2 weeks later...