Caracal Decals models gallery

On 3/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, habu2 said:

Thanks for making me not feel so bad about the size of my stash...  :coolio:

Looking forward to seeing the results of your Ani grand kit, Paul.  Your Air Force One is gorgeous though I have to admit I spent a lot of time drooling over your stash. 😏

(said with a Rod Serling accent.) "Little did Paul Boyer realize what lay in store when he entered the model room. He had entered a new dimension of sight and sound. A place where the models are real. They have feelings.  They have ideas. They have been plotting... He had entered the "model zone!" (Eerie music starts!)

Edited by Dutch
On 1/15/2022 at 7:26 PM, Geoff M said:

A Monogram  F-15 I just finished using F-15 The Early Years

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

Nice job on this one. Being a dedicated F-15A and C fan and 10 year weapons troop in both 550th and 555th at Luke, I approve your choice here. They were in different schemes when I was there but an awful lot of pics in my files are this early version. I have to comment that it looks a lot better without the over the top dayglow orange they flew with.....I will be needing another 1/48 in 550th colors this time to go with my 555th flagship I commissioned a pro builder to do for me. Do you recommend this kit if I'm seeking excellent detail or stick with the Tamiya for example?

A model 73-0103 Luke AFB 555th.JPG

The Monogram kit is OK.  If you want to have better result I would go with a Hasegawa F-15.  I haven't built one of those in a while but I know it is supposed to be a C model.  Shouldn't be too hard to backdate to an A model.  I don't have any experience with the Tamiya kit but I believe it isn't up to their current standards being released back in the 70's.  I believe the current version of the Monogram kit has been updated to be a C model with the featherless burner cans and is now in the Revell line but it does lack a bit of finesse and detail, but it still builds up to a nice looking kit.  hope this helps.

Geoff M

On 3/11/2020 at 3:44 PM, MarcB said:

OK then let's roll..

It's the old Tamiya F-15A 1/48 kit with the necessary mods (original wing tips, short airbrake, straight LE tailplane), decals from CD48150 "F-15 Eagle - The Early Years" (performed flawlessly), Mr Paint Air Superiority Blue and International Orange.

I used a resin seat, and detailed the kit's exhausts.

I don't claim 100% accuracy but I enjoyed building the model and I quite like the result.

49649946872_74f2931834_h.jpg_MG_0624 by

49649946887_fcca598552_h.jpg_MG_0620 by

49649132513_065ff5a3a3_h.jpg_MG_0628 by

49649975872_b25696592e_o.jpg_MG_0617 by

Marc

Nice model, and a significant aircraft. Looks like a perfect build to me. Sure looks odd with all that preproduction stuff but that's the way it was. Too bad the jet ended up at Lackland as a farce. Yes, that's 71-0280 with an Eglin jet's paint scheme. This kind of 'thing' shouldn't be allowed. 

A Model 71-0280 painted wFalse markings Lackland AFB.JPG

On 3/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, AD-4N said:

I'll play.  

1/72 Amodel Piaggio P.180 Avanti, Italian Coast Guard

1/72 Piaggio P.180 by Amodel

1/144 Roden C-141B Starlifter 

C-141B in 1/144 scale

C-141B in 1/144 scale by Roden

1/144 Minicraft C-135A Stratolifter (KC-135A conversion)

1/144 C-135A Stratolifter

1/144 C-135A Stratolifter

1/144 Minicraft C-135A Stratolifter

1/144 C-135A and C-141B

Sweet models and a big thumbs up on the airborne shot! Way cool!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just going to post a link to that Twotter.  Great job, but I think it should at least be semi-gloss.  I would think the USAF Academy Sky Dive Team Aircraft would be a little glossy.  

Nevertheless, a bang up job!!

51 minutes ago, AD-4N said:

I was just going to post a link to that Twotter.  Great job, but I think it should at least be semi-gloss.  I would think the USAF Academy Sky Dive Team Aircraft would be a little glossy.  

Nevertheless, a bang up job!!

The Academy's Twotter's are very glossy.

• 4 weeks later...