Caracal Decals models gallery

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a complete YF-12 in 1/48 that has an easily comparable object to it, such as a hand, in the photo as well. That's one awesome looking airplane Don!

Edit: Totally missed the Don's first post with the correct nomeclature. Oops!

Edited by Whiskey
20 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

1/48 Heller Mirage IIID converted from the B/C kit

I used parts from the Mirage IIIO sheet, it would be nice to see some IIID options in a future RAAF Mirage sheet release

36246555824_4f5f22f325_c.jpg

Beautiful work, Brother Ray! I love the lift-off pose. K/r, Dutch 

• 1 month later...

Here's one for you, Kursad. The 1/72 scale F-15A prototype with your decals! It's the original Monogram kit with the horizontal stabs fixed. The air superiority blue is the Mr. Color lacquer, just a bit darker than the blue you put into the tail logos.

F-15Aprotoweb1_zpsbhz00tp0.jpg

Edited by Paul Boyer

Paul, I am dying to know how you added the small vanes to the nose probe.  Could you give us a small lesson please? As for me, I have the Master 1:72 B-58 metal nose probe,  but it lacks any vanes. K/r, Dutch 

I have a small sheet of .005" styrene - paper thin. Just touching it with liquid cement and it will dissolve into nothingness. I eyeballed the shape of the two "wisker" probes and cut them both as one piece - kind of a wide "U" shape. By carefully pressing the back of the blade into the middle of the piece on a cutting board, I was able to almost fold the piece about 90º. I carefully attached it to a length of Evergreen rod (might be .020") using a tiny drop of gap-filling super glue. Same for the little "flag" (yaw indicator?). The tip of the probe is a piece of Evergreen rod (must be .010") that fits in a shallow hole I drilled into the tip of the larger rod with a No. 71 bit in a pin vise.

Top tip: I drilled a hole in the tip of the radome by drilling from the inside before attaching the radome to the fuselage. The inside of the cone naturally aims your drill bit to the center of the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is OK to post up here...while not 100% Caracal decals, this could not have been built without them. 

On my 1/48 DC-130A, I realized there were no available U.S. national insignia available that are the proper size out there...except for what is provided on Caracal's Blue Angels C-130 "Fat Albert" sheet. So that is what I used on this build! The rest were conjured up from the spares box or I made them on my computer (tail marking, and the large tail numbers). A chore of a build!

2020-ODO-Richmond.jpg

67688116-10156242022976406-5802024088411

48492529506-2543f27192-h.jpg

• MarcB changed the title to Caracal Decals models gallery
  • eraucubsfan pinned this topic