Just wanted to take a moment and thank all who took the time to write a brief message on my wife's passing thread. I appreciate them all. Today will be difficult as it is the day of her calling hours. And tomorrow will be even worse as we will be burying her. She is now in Heaven with our beloved son.  Thanks again to all for your kindness...

Edited by terrysumner

at my old age, I seem to see this every month. I casually tell all of them that I'm only a phone call away. Plus I also tell them to never set around and vegetate. Stay active and try to be busy. I've never lost a wife, so I can't imagine the loss. Yet I can always reach out. I lost KJ in 2006, about three months before we were getting married. Still think of her everyday, and still miss her. I got myself so busy that I became an over worked person! Then retired, and went fishing 300 days a year. I got past it. I then found another lady two years younger than myself. Will we get married? Can't say yes, but we sure have fun. Plus she's tolerant to my vices (and I have too many). About a year ago I told her about KJ, and she understood.

gary 

Hang in there Terry. Now is the time to spend time with your family and close friends. Many say that losing a wife is the worst grief one can experience. It was for me. It was my family and my close friends that got me through it. I took off work and spent time with them in Milwaukee (I was living in Florida at the time).  Finally work said I had to come back or lose the job, so I went back to work after about 3 weeks.

All this to say, take the time you need to get past this first part of your grieving. I was in a state of shock after Deb passed. I couldn't function, I couldn't think straight. I relied on my friends to get me through those early days. Even after the initial shock wore off, it was a long time before I started to feel myself again, years in fact. I went to work, I went out with friends, I concentrated on my hobbies. I even talked online to other widowers and widows. It helped to know I was not alone in what I was going through. It took a long time, but eventually I started feeling more normal. But, even now, 17 years later, I will still dream of her, that she is alive and I have found her again, and I wake up in tears, realizing it was all just a dream.

Sorry for going on. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. You are in my thoughts.

Mark

Edited by Mstor