• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying, I rarely log on, and am only just now reading your inquiry.  I do not know if this one has been covered in 1/32 as a separate sheet, but Hasegawa did decals (although incomplete, omitting to include the I/JG 52 emblem on the port cowling) in their re-boxings, #09303 in 1/48, and in 1/32, #08135).

Erich Hartmann arrived at the front in October 1942, when the 7./JG 52 was still equipped with Bf 109G-2s.  He flew a variety of these.  Beginning in mid-March 1943 he flew Bf 109G-4s, his most-used machine being his "weiße 2" (WNr.14997, with the Stammkennzeichen "KJ+GU" still displayed -- not uncommon in the III/JG 52), which he used for three months, up to 24.May 1943.  While Hartmann was on leave, this aircraft was captured on 28.May 1943 while being flown by Fw. Hebert Meissler.  This machine subsequently 'starred' in a Bolshevik propaganda film (complete with smoke grenade in the cockpit).  When Hartmann returned to the front in June he began using a Bf 109G-6, "weiße 8", but he also used others that summer.  In mid-September he transferred to the 9./JG 52, replacing Staffelkapitän Berthold Korts, who had gone missing on 29.August 1943.

Hope this helps,  GRM

I tried multiple times to insert a low-res still from the post-capture film, but no luck.  Sorry.  There are 'before' photos, also.

19 hours ago, G.R.Morrison said:

Sorry for the delay in replying, I rarely log on, and am only just now reading your inquiry.  I do not know if this one has been covered in 1/32 as a separate sheet, but Hasegawa did decals (although incomplete, omitting to include the I/JG 52 emblem on the port cowling) in their re-boxings, #09303 in 1/48, and in 1/32, #08135).

Erich Hartmann arrived at the front in October 1942, when the 7./JG 52 was still equipped with Bf 109G-2s.  He flew a variety of these.  Beginning in mid-March 1943 he flew Bf 109G-4s, his most-used machine being his "weiße 2" (WNr.14997, with the Stammkennzeichen "KJ+GU" still displayed -- not uncommon in the III/JG 52), which he used for three months, up to 24.May 1943.  While Hartmann was on leave, this aircraft was captured on 28.May 1943 while being flown by Fw. Hebert Meissler.  This machine subsequently 'starred' in a Bolshevik propaganda film (complete with smoke grenade in the cockpit).  When Hartmann returned to the front in June he began using a Bf 109G-6, "weiße 8", but he also used others that summer.  In mid-September he transferred to the 9./JG 52, replacing Staffelkapitän Berthold Korts, who had gone missing on 29.August 1943.

Hope this helps,  GRM

I tried multiple times to insert a low-res still from the post-capture film, but no luck.  Sorry.  There are 'before' photos, also.

thanks a lot! I have learned that he flew at least two different styles of tulips and at least two different colors. Yet he flew a lot of aircraft without the tulips. Only pic I've seen is with him and Lippert, and maybe a G6. 

gary

4 hours ago, Brad-M said:

I've got that G4, but the decals are junk. I keep hearing Revell is going to eventually do a 109g2, and that's pretty close to what comes in their g6 kit. Speaking of Revell 109's, I looked over a 109g6 the other day that still has the price tag on it $23.99. I have about six of them, and maybe four g10's. Now I have the bug to build two or three Spitfires off their MK.II kit or the MK.IX. Then there's the jet powered bf109e!! Actually doable.

gary