I versions of both a Trumpeter Mk.X  and a new tool Airfix VIII in my stash, both are reasonably well detailed, Airfix is better detailed, but this is a moot point as little will be seen when built up. The Trumpeter kit supposedly has the engine nacelles or undercarriage opening too thin, which results in the undercarriage and tyres being too thin as well. Another criticism is the fabric effect on the wings are bit over pronounced.  The kit decals are not up to much in the Trumpeter  kit I have, I don't think they are that accurate. That said it I have seen them built up well. The Airfix kit will likely need careful assembly due to tight tolerances between some parts. Fabric effect on the Airfix one is IMO fine. Having seen both in the box I would rate Airfix above Trumpeter. Note that I haven't built either yet, just my impressions. Airfix have released the MkIa/Ic which is a std bomber variant and an anti-sub variant VIII which comes with depth charges, but can probably also be built as a std bomber with after market decals. They are also due to issue a Mk.II merlin engine variant at some point in the future.

There are also the MPM kits which I believe have problems in fitting the canopies and turrets, it is reputed to be a somewhat challenging build. One of their Wellington kits, has appeared in a Italeri and a Revell boxing, who have also boxed the old Matchbox kit. Neither of these 3 are probably worth considering.

--------------------------

6 hours ago, barkin mad said:

I versions of both a Trumpeter Mk.X  and a new tool Airfix VIII in my stash, both are reasonably well detailed, Airfix is better detailed, but this is a moot point as little will be seen when built up. The Trumpeter kit supposedly has the engine nacelles or undercarriage opening too thin, which results in the undercarriage and tyres being too thin as well. Another criticism is the fabric effect on the wings are bit over pronounced.  The kit decals are not up to much in the Trumpeter  kit I have, I don't think they are that accurate. That said it I have seen them built up well. The Airfix kit will likely need careful assembly due to tight tolerances between some parts. Fabric effect on the Airfix one is IMO fine. Having seen both in the box I would rate Airfix above Trumpeter. Note that I haven't built either yet, just my impressions. Airfix have released the MkIa/Ic which is a std bomber variant and an anti-sub variant VIII which comes with depth charges, but can probably also be built as a std bomber with after market decals. They are also due to issue a Mk.II merlin engine variant at some point in the future.

There are also the MPM kits which I believe have problems in fitting the canopies and turrets, it is reputed to be a somewhat challenging build. One of their Wellington kits, has appeared in a Italeri and a Revell boxing, who have also boxed the old Matchbox kit. Neither of these 3 are probably worth considering.

--------------------------

Have not seen the Airfix kits in the flesh, but have seen a Trumpeter. Didn't know Italeri did one . Looks like Airfix is the place to start

thanks

gary