What’s the status of the Werner’s Wings set for the KH MH-60L

• 4 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 8:07 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I'm still working on it, but it is getting closer.  I am working on at least three UH/MH-60 sets

Floyd

Hello Floyd, 

are you you able to expand on this, please? I may just pick up a kit as a result, in anticipation of your releases. 

Kylie 

5 hours ago, Newtonk said:

Hello Floyd, 

are you you able to expand on this, please? I may just pick up a kit as a result, in anticipation of your releases. 

Kylie 

I'm working on a few sets.  Most of these sets were done in CAD by Ramon Lomeli, himself a UH-60 crew chief.  He had help from Tim Hudson, another UH-60 crew chief as well as a bunch of past Night Stalkers.  All of these are in 1/35th scale.

UH/MH/SH-60 7-bolt wheels includes tail wheel.  Weighted

UH/MH/SH-60 14-bolt wheels includes tail wheel.  Weighted

MH-60L Operation Gothic Serpent Backdate set- modified cambered vertical fin, hoist controls, Instrument panel, center console to name a few things.  

UH/MH-60A Update set- 

UH-60A/L Backdate set- Awaiting parts back from the casters.  New instrument panel, center console, and stabilator.

Most are done but I need to find the time to do the instructions.

In addition to those I will be releasing these soon.  

M-197 20mm cannon for the MH-60S.  Designed in CAD by Oliver Doering and Matt Leese 

UH-1N- November Reign decals in 1/48th scale.  Markings for 22 aircraft, including Marines, Navy and Air Force.  Designed by Mason Doupnik with help from Patrick Najmulski and Ray Wilhite

1/48UH-1D/H/N Main Transmission and Rotor System.  Again done by Ramon with help from Ray Wilhite.

Of course the patience people are waiting on the 1/32nd AH-1F Super Conversion.  I am still waiting on Creative Castings to get me the main rotor blades.  There was a miscommunications on my part and that delayed them doing it.  Totally my fault.  They are working on it now so this set will be released soon.  For those that are waiting for replacement parts I will provide those at my own expense because I screwed up.  The new parts will be new blades with wire cast into it, new rotor hub (just in case), exhaust fairing (the other one lacked detail and was ever so slightly too large, Bulge for the Alternator on the left transmission door (it was a little anemic), and new ADSS boom (some detail was missing).  

That is about it for now.  The plan was to have all of these things out at the IPMS/USA Nationals but that won't happen.  Most things are done, except for instructions.  Some are at the casters.

Floyd

8 hours ago, Newtonk said:

Thank you, Floyd, best I start saving for a Blackhawk now. You looking at any updates, correction sets for the Littlebird AH/MH-6M... the 1/35 kit desperately needs something. You’re our only hope...

I have three sets for the AH-6J but nothing for the M.  What do you think is needed?  I do think it needs some black boxes in the rear that the AH-6J correction set would do well to help.

Floyd

Where do I start…

The canopy, the inside frame is very prominent on the real thing, and would benefit from a resin insert; but that may be too difficult / risky / picky. The centre console needs replacing altogether. The flat part between the pilots should slope downwards, the sides lack a protective blanket (not a big deal to replace with scored foil), and the MFD need brackets to mount and fold back on, out the sides of the centre console. Some plumbing would also be good, but you need to leave something for the modeller to do! The front face of the forward bulkhead isn’t so bad, but the rear wall is completely lacking in anything, this would be the easiest part to improve immediately. The ceiling in the rear compartment is a bundle of wires, tubing, etc, but is blank in the kit. This would also benefit from a resin insert. The fuel cell in the back also needs correcting, the bottom edges, the straps, the fuel cap, you get the idea. On the front face of the rear bulkhead, there is a first aid kit, port side, missing. Again, nothing too difficult to add.  Moving outside, there are a couple of antennas missing or incorrect, port and starboard. I scratched these as one is a small snub (port), and the other looks like an ironing board (starboard).

Minor details missing in the cockpit include the headphone and seatbelt hangers above the pilots (I know, I know – it’s the small stuff); starboard flank, an oil inspection window needs to be added. I drilled this out, and used a 1/35 clear bottle for the “glass”. On the mast head, there is a small patch, but again, nothing too onerous for a modeller to do.

On my example, the skids were not completely formed, missing a rung or step for the pilot. I also drilled out the ends.

From memory, there was something on the belly of the bird, but it escapes me now. 

Hows that for a start... I’m hoping Res Kit do for the Littlebird what they did for the Blackhawk, the rotor head and tail assembly as a start.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...