I got a new job!!!

We were told there was a ship bringing in a bunch of paper towels and T.P.

It will immediately be off-loaded as soon as the Edmond Fitzgerald arrives.  Should be sometime tonight.

After we all get done with the Great 2020 TP Group build [extra points if you can actually work real TP into the project], I have come up with some ideas on how to whittle away at the new found stash.  [You'll thank me later!]

1. TP, the new house warming gift!

2. TP, the new first wedding anniversary gift. [Paper, right?]

3. Of course,  it will become the new currency if the economy really tanks.

4. TP trebuget! First stuff two or three used golf balls into the tube to aid throw weight, and then unwind a few feet of TP in the basket to aid in the paper trail. For added fun, conduct multiple roll launches. 

Edited by Dutch
7 hours ago, Dutch said:

4. TP trebuget! First stuff two or three used golf balls into the tube to aid throw weight, and then unwind a few feet of TP in the basket to aid in the paper trail. For added fun, conduct multiple roll launches.

Oh, I think you're on to something there. Winner gets to walk through the field, pick up and keep all the TP. Now, I wonder if there's a way to make a TP air gun?  :hmmm:

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Or line up several trebuget and conduct a TP barrage. 

"I thumb my nose at you, dirty English bottom wipers!" said with a Monty Python French accent

"I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Then you launch the TP barrage. Twong, "Mooooo" "Run away, run away!" :whistle:

I love Monty Python :naughty:

Edited by Mstor
3 hours ago, Mstor said:

...Now, I wonder if there's a way to make a TP air gun?  :hmmm:

Oh, yes there is.  I saw it on MySpacebook.  A small caliber gun mounts a horizontal roller in front of and below the air outlet blowing air over the top of a TP roll.  Or, jump to a cannon by using a leaf blower.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Oh, yes there is.  I saw it on MySpacebook.  A small caliber gun mounts a horizontal roller in front of and below the air outlet blowing air over the top of a TP roll.  Or, jump to a cannon by using a leaf blower.

Yea, I was thinking more of the cannon size. Large diameter pipe, plug the hole in the roll, some wadding to seal the roll and prevent the air from escaping around it. Use propane for propellant. Flaming TP bombs :naughty:

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Whoa,  that's way more "cannon" than I was thinking.

Oh come on. We can do it. Have you ever made a spud cannon?  Friend and I made one, about three inch bore. That was attached to a compression chamber about 6 or 7 inches in diameter with a large quick release valve between the two. Compressed air into the large chamber at about 100 psi. Shoved a large potato down the barrel, nice tight fit. Released air quickly and there was a loud bang as the potato went flying about a block. Quickly hid it, both from my friends neighbors and his wife :whistle:

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You took my "cannon" and jumped to howitzer.

The potato had a relatively flat trajectory until it hit a car parked down the street. :naughty:

Make sure to take the twists out of the side nets before you hook them to the rings of the 463L pallet! 

I hated it when Aerial Port would bring pallets to my airplane on  K-Loader and I'd have to fix things like 

that before it jammed the rail system!

Cheers...Ron

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, EHemmin said:

Congratulate you! Recently, I found the work in a specialty that I studied for a very long time. I work as a doctor. This is one of the most difficult jobs in the world. I didn't go to medical university right away. After graduating from high school, I decided that I wouldn't go anywhere and went to work as a waiter in a restaurant. A year later, I came across at this review. I saw that I had a chance to become a doctor. After some exams, I managed to get into the university and graduate with good references. Now I save people's lives and get good money for this.

What kind of insurance do you accept?

'cuz you're gonna need it......

Congratulate you! Recently, I found the work in a specialty that I studied for a very long time. I work as a doctor. This is one of the most difficult jobs in the world. I didn't go to medical university right away. After graduating from high school, I decided that I wouldn't go anywhere and went to work as a waiter in a restaurant. A year later, I came across at this review. I saw that I had a chance to become a doctor. After some exams, I managed to get into the university and graduate with good references. Now I save people's lives and get good money for this.

Edited by rutheree
27 minutes ago, rutheree said:

Congratulate you! Recently, I found the work in a specialty that I studied for a very long time. I work as a doctor. This is one of the most difficult jobs in the world. I didn't go to medical university right away. After graduating from high school, I decided that I wouldn't go anywhere and went to work as a waiter in a restaurant.

Wow!, what are the odds that not 1 but 2 Doctors that have posted here, worked as a waiter and attended medical school later in life. Amazing! 🤣

It's almost as if there are devious fake people out there in the world that posts on-line in order to fish for information and/or scam people. But that can't be. 

1 hour ago, ARCAccount#1 said:

Chalk it up to creative writing enthusiasts just having a bit of fun. It's the internet, nothing is to be trusted. Especially some folks here that try to tell tall tales about their fictitious experience in the military. 

And you know they are fictitious how?

1 hour ago, ARCAccount#1 said:

Because all assertions on the internet of experience and history are fictious by default. Especially without meaningful proof to show otherwise.

Pretty bold statement, calling veteran's experiences fictitious.

Remember that when you ask a question on here and a vet gives you the answer. 😉

5 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Pretty bold statement, calling veteran's experiences fictitious.

Remember that when you ask a question on here and a vet gives you the answer. 😉

Who said they were veterans? Where did that come from?

When you see a post here by a new member that has maybe 1-2 posts total, and they make a reference an unrelated (to the hobby) career choice, or a link to college term paper help, AND their grammar sucks, those are Sure Signs of a spammer.  We see them all the time in the Research sub-forum, the bots pick up on the Research forum title.  It has nothing to do with military service.

17 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Who said they were veterans? Where did that come from?

When you see a post here by a new member that has maybe 1-2 posts total, and they make a reference an unrelated (to the hobby) career choice, or a link to college term paper help, AND their grammar sucks, those are Sure Signs of a spammer.  We see them all the time in the Research sub-forum, the bots pick up on the Research forum title.  It has nothing to do with military service.

Barking up the wrong tree mate. Read those posts again.