"Rotten Banana" Yellow F-5N

I'm wanting to build the USN Rotten Banana F-5N, and I'm having trouble finding the correct Yellow paint. I see it's listed as FS33793, and my search isn't coming up with any. I would prefer acrylic but at this point not sure if it exists.  If anyone has any ideas, my searching isn't coming up with anything. Pictured below is a shot I took of the Marines version, however, basically the same overall scheme just to give you an idea of which one I am referring to.  Thanks.  -David

49443005827_ddc2f835af_k.jpgRotten Banana on final by D_Jackman, on Flickr

4 hours ago, Djack said:

I'm wanting to build the USN Rotten Banana F-5N, and I'm having trouble finding the correct Yellow paint. I see it's listed as FS33793, and my search isn't coming up with any. I would prefer acrylic but at this point not sure if it exists.  If anyone has any ideas, my searching isn't coming up with anything. Pictured below is a shot I took of the Marines version, however, basically the same overall scheme just to give you an idea of which one I am referring to.  Thanks.  -David

I haven't come up with any makers of it, so it would have to be mixed 

I'm not going to go dig in the box of old paint, but back when there was Polly Scale, I wonder if their Soviet Sand color would have been close enough? It was pretty yellow.

Hmm, wonder what Google might find?

Oh! There's a web page somebody says they have some, 

https://www.newfrontierhobbies.com/Soviet-Sand-12-oz-Floquil-Polly-Scale-Acrylic-Color_p_847.html

19 hours ago, southwestforests said:

I'm not going to go dig in the box of old paint, but back when there was Polly Scale, I wonder if their Soviet Sand color would have been close enough? It was pretty yellow.

Hmm, wonder what Google might find?

Oh! There's a web page somebody says they have some, 

https://www.newfrontierhobbies.com/Soviet-Sand-12-oz-Floquil-Polly-Scale-Acrylic-Color_p_847.html

Thanks for the info, I'll check into that yellow.  I did use Google search with no luck...that's why I asked here. Cheers.

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

When I built this I used Mr Hobby H34 Cream Yellow and added some white to it,

20190315_102737

Wow, I'd say you did great on the color match!  Well done, and thank you for the advice!  Cheers.

-David

10 hours ago, Djack said:

Thanks for the info, I'll check into that yellow.  I did use Google search with no luck...that's why I asked here. Cheers.

Welcome 🙂 Sometimes search engines work wonders, sometimes you wonder if you caught them off having lunch.

2 hours ago, Napalmakita said:

I use ammo paints...this looks like their 'Yellow Sand'  maybe...don't know about other brands

I actually ordered that color of Ammo this morning and will be headed to Sprue Brother to pick it up today.  I agree, it looked really close. 

David

3 hours ago, Djack said:

I actually ordered that color of Ammo this morning and will be headed to Sprue Brother to pick it up today.  I agree, it looked really close. 

David

Make sure you get that picked up today. As much as I'd like to think of Sprue Bros. being essential, I don't the city thinks that. 😀 Stay safe and hunker down for the next 30 days. Just think of the modeling time we'll have!

On 3/23/2020 at 5:57 PM, Darren Roberts said:

Make sure you get that picked up today. As much as I'd like to think of Sprue Bros. being essential, I don't the city thinks that. 😀 Stay safe and hunker down for the next 30 days. Just think of the modeling time we'll have!

I made it up there on Monday Darren! got my supplies ready.  

On 3/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, Vaildog said:

MRP makes a Lemon Gray that is pretty similar in color.

I clearly missed that!  I just bought a ton of MRP paint...it"s the best paint I think I've sprayed in my airbrush!

8 hours ago, Djack said:

I clearly missed that!  I just bought a ton of MRP paint...it"s the best paint I think I've sprayed in my airbrush!

Gordon just got the MRP acrylics in. Mine should be here today. He gave me the Glossy Sea Blue sample he had. With MM Acryl going away, MRP acrylics are my go-to. It was the best GSB I've used.