Monogram 1/48 F-84F Thunderstreak

Hey ARC,

I hope everyone is safe and well. Since I've been hunkered down at home, I used the time to slap together another 3-footer for my shelf. I pulled out Monogram's venerable F-84F (circa 1983) and built it mostly OOB. I say "mostly" because I had to replace the pitot using some styrene rod, and the flimsy tube/rod on the nose gear using some fine wire. Fit was decent, but there was some issues with the canopy parts. They were all different widths and none of them lined up with the fuselage halves. I did what I could. For finishing, I used the kit's decals, and they worked OK. Paint was MM enamels, and weathering was Flory's washes and pastels. 

7ceujQ6.jpg

IDzVfWy.jpg

Qi6GyBu.jpg

jvfWwLj.jpg

C7Rw2Zy.jpg

VTDYqi6.jpg

59BIUEC.jpg

fhOmx4C.jpg

Qrj0LWm.jpg

pNkUvjB.jpg

21Yddnh.jpg

KbYMymi.jpg

Comments, questions, and criticisms welcome. Feel free to share your two cents.

Stay well and happy modeling!

Cheers,

-O

Out of the F-84 series I liked this one best.  At Lackland A.F.B> they got in a squadron's strength of them and several were scattered around the base for display, replacing the V-1s that had been there.  The rest went to the Security Police school to be used as training devices for the aircraft security classes.