CD48179 - 1/48 TA-4J Skyhawk

I've never been able to find 1/72 scale decals for TA-4J in training colors. Seems all that have been made (kit or aftermarket) are for special commander, commemorative, Bicentennial, or Adversary birds. Please consider a 1/72 sheet of trainers, too!

Kursad,

I'd also like to suggest a sheet covering "Humped two seaters" for use with the Phase Hangar OA-4M & TA-4KU conversions I recently made.  I also have an OA-4AR conversion in the works.

These would include:

USMC OA-4M

Argentine OA-4AR

Kuwaiti TA-4KU

Brazilian AF-1A

Gabe

886_7.jpg

OA4AR_C901.jpg

Edited by Gabe Pincelli

Great news again Kursad. Always loved the Skyhawk (can you tell from my screen name?) and the two seaters have been sorely neglected. Only a few sheets have ever been made. This one should be a good seller.

2 hours ago, Emvar said:

Would you consider adding the Marines to this sheet, VMAT-102. I think the smaller scale guys would like that too.

Like this perhaps? ;0) Fred K.

TA-4J 153670 VMAT-102 SC 25.jpg

I agree, lots of aggressor schemes but nothing really for the trainers in the orange/white or blue/white schemes are available currently out there.  I might suggest however some USMC utility squadrons such as H&MS 33 as found in the Ginter USMC skyhawk books.  Several of those have never been done  

I'll second the VT-23 jets. One of the more unique training schemes. I'll also second a Test Pilot School jet, specifically 153524, Modex 8, but only because she still flies and I've helped keep it that way since 2004. I have a few other jets that I would suggest:

First is BuNo. 158722. This jet was actually the primary Blue Angels #7 for the team's entirety of the A-4, but in 1987 she went back to the training fleet, and now survives on the deck of the Lexington in a fake paint scheme. Her paint isn't anything fancy, but she is a generic jet from Kingsville, and they never took the cranked refueling probe off from her day's with the Blues. The markings were the same on the other side. 0000044517.jpg

The other jet is BuNo 152855 with VF-126. Its Modex was 619, and it was the only jet that A-4 designer, Ed Heinemann ever got a ride in. The attached photo is from that ride.152855.jpg

On 3/26/2020 at 8:13 AM, cag_200 said:

p1647056119-3.jpg.b6bf71cdecbc65c8057048d7e3e174e6.jpg

VF-126

I seen one on a video (www), it was gorgeous, gold, yellow, blue..

Slightly diffrent than the picture shown at top

Agreed..... I like this one too!  Here's another version. Fred K.

TA-4J 152855 VF-126 NJ 619.jpg

• 1 month later...