Hasegawa 1/48 Douglas A-4L Skyhawk

As I've been posting elsewhere on these forums, I'm making four Hasegawa 1/48 A-4 Skyhawks simultaneously and here is the second. This is their A-4L without any aftermarket and in the Cartograf-printed kit decals. Paint is mostly Mr Color. A full build article is at https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-douglas-a-4l-skyhawk/ and there is some WIP at https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235065709-hasegawa-148-a-4ehl-and-ta-4j-skyhawks-update-19032020/

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Jon

a4l_56.jpg

a4l_57.jpg

a4l_59.jpg

a4l_60.jpg

a4l_30.jpg?w=1000

a4l_02.jpg

a4l_04.jpg

a4l_05.jpg

a4l_07.jpg

a4l_20.jpg

a4l_21.jpg

a4l_22.jpg

a4l_24.jpg

a4l_32.jpg

a4l_33.jpg

a4l_34.jpg

a4l_35.jpg

a4l_38.jpg

1 minute ago, Chorse6 said:

Very fine work! Nicely done all around. Great attention to detail. 

What Mr. Color did you use for the Gull Grey? 

Thanks! It's Mr Color 315.

Jon

I don't think I've ever actually seen an A-4L in scale before, or at least that I knew of. Excellent work as per usual Jon. Always enjoy seeing your stuff. How was decaling that Stars and Bars over the refueling probe?

45 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I don't think I've ever actually seen an A-4L in scale before, or at least that I knew of. Excellent work as per usual Jon. Always enjoy seeing your stuff. How was decaling that Stars and Bars over the refueling probe?

Thanks Whiskey. Surprisingly, the decal was fine. I just draped it over the probe over a large puddle of Mr Mark Setter, and then dumped a lot of Daco Red on it. It's the third time I've applied a decal like this (also on the Hasegawa A-4C and A4D-2) and each time it's gone better than expected!

Jon