Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Reddog-03

1/72 F-14 original beavertail

Recommended Posts

Are there any good sources for a 1/72 F-14 original beavertail with the dielectric panels removed?  I know Hasegawa made a limited edition VF-1 kit with it but dies anyone make an aftermarket part?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Reddog-03 said:

Are there any good sources for a 1/72 F-14 original beavertail with the dielectric panels removed?  I know Hasegawa made a limited edition VF-1 kit with it but dies anyone make an aftermarket part?

 

Thanks

I know they have released other kits with it included.  Also I believe that The new academy kit comes with and also the Great Wall kit has it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, achterkirch said:

I know they have released other kits with it included.  Also I believe that The new academy kit comes with and also the Great Wall kit has it as well. 


I can confirm that it is not included in the new Academy kit. 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:


I can confirm that it is not included in the new Academy kit. 

Mark

Damn I thought it did. Oh well. That’s my bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Academy engineered the kit, I am pretty sure a early vintage beaver tail release will come out eventually. They just had to leave that piece off for this one I guess given they gave us practically everything else.

 

I can't necessarily wait though so I am going to have a go at adding a dirt cheap Airfix/MPC beaver tail to one of my Academy builds for a little Wolfpack action. The Airfix kit will also give me an IFR probe, should I desire doing an Iranian bird in the not too distant future as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what I was looking for!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...