16 hours ago, habu2 said:

Is there a review out there comparing the KH and Hasegawa kits?

There's a thread over at LSP about the KH kit and its issues that's nearly 60 pages long! Not that there's 60 pages worth of issues to the kit, it just goes really in depth. HTH, Fred K.

2 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

I don't know what to do with this kit, she is making me stress with all those errors on her. I am an airman also,not just modeler,so it needs to be accurate. Does anyone knows what is need to be corrected that i made at least  an aggressor aircraft,since I can not made that one from Vietnam?

You can build a South Vietnamese jet or an aggressor out of this kit. It has all of the parts necessary to do so. What you need to do is figure out which jet that you want to build. The SVAF jets would all be the same configuration. With aggressors though it largely depends on time frame. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is very true with the US aggressors/adversaries! HTH, Fred K.

1 hour ago, f5guy said:

There's a thread over at LSP about the KH kit and its issues that's nearly 60 pages long! Not that there's 60 pages worth of issues to the kit, it just goes really in depth. HTH, Fred K.

1 hour ago, f5guy said:

You can build a South Vietnamese jet or an aggressor out of this kit. It has all of the parts necessary to do so. What you need to do is figure out which jet that you want to build. The SVAF jets would all be the same configuration. With aggressors though it largely depends on time frame. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is very true with the US aggressors/adversaries! HTH, Fred K.

mostly made by fan boys

gary

On 3/23/2020 at 8:17 PM, Jabba29 said:

Like this one that went to the Poland and then to the museum at Kbely in Prague where I photographed it last year.

Actually those are two different aircraft:

Krakow Museum Poland: F-5E 73-0852

Kbely Museum Czech Republic: 73-0878

Both have come from the former USSR (who got them from the NVA) so the 'red 10' in Soviet markings on the picture might be one of the two above. Anyway, those jets changed hands quite a few times….

On 3/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, Nino_Belov said:

Thank you very much dear sir.So Kitty Hawk made mistake...again.Thank you for this value info.

On 3/23/2020 at 5:50 AM, Dave Williams said:

KH made a lot of errors in the kit.  Aside from configuration issues, the cockpit is too shallow, and the two refueling ports on the spine just behind the canopy are on the wrong side.  Also, although full engines are included, there are no intake ducts or covers, so you can look down the intakes into the big empty fuselage with a couple of engines just sitting there.

Kitty Hawk (Or Kinetic, Trumpeter & Hobby Boss) made mistakes?

71f8cceadc80914704321234a216707b.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, ReccePhreak said:

Kitty Hawk (Or Kinetic, Trumpeter & Hobby Boss) made mistakes?

71f8cceadc80914704321234a216707b.jpg

So did Monogram, Revell, Tamiya,... and every kit manufacturer who dabbed their hands at scale modelling. Not you?

Edited by quang
On 3/30/2020 at 12:09 AM, quang said:

So did Monogram, Revell, Tamiya,... and every kit manufacturer who dabbed their hands at scale modelling. Not you?

Those 3 above are still revered.  Kitty Hawk, Kinetic, Trumpeter & Hobby Boss.......not so much. Especially with the prices they're asking.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:09 AM, quang said:

I am NOT a kit manufacturer! 

I am a kit builder, who likes to get a quality product for the hard-earned dollars I spend. And I would like the kit manufacturers to actually do some REAL research, instead of just downloading some inaccurate drawings from the internet. The 4 companies I mentioned have Facebook pages, where they hawk their future products, but then they completely disregard constructive comments & suggestions by avid modelers and subject matter experts.

1 hour ago, Nino_Belov said:

BRAVO! Totally agree!!!! Monogram F-105 is waaaaayyyy better than Hobby Boss.In shape and details, only panel lines are in positive,but that is thing which is much easier solved than to correct a whole model kit,in dimensions and shape.

well if you believe that dine put your Monogram F-105 against a photo Or set of plans..lol.

Mmm spine, horrendous, nose shape incorrect, canopy completely incorrect.

So your example of a good kit is actually worse than the kit you claim to be worse..lol..how ironic.

1 hour ago, ReccePhreak said:

I am NOT a kit manufacturer! 

I am a kit builder, who likes to get a quality product for the hard-earned dollars I spend. And I would like the kit manufacturers to actually do some REAL research, instead of just downloading some inaccurate drawings from the internet. The 4 companies I mentioned have Facebook pages, where they hawk their future products, but then they completely disregard constructive comments & suggestions by avid modelers and subject matter experts.

So mate what is wrong with the KH F-5?

Shape wise its basically spot on.

It has numerous parts to allow you to build numerous versions of the F-5 oob.

The F-5 was more complex than a Bf 109 from variety of antennas, IP’s etc so your saying given its shape is fine that every kit should provide every option for every variant ever released to satisfy your “hard earned dollars”.

And if it doesnt its rubbish?

Dream on buddy your looking for a Unicorn ive found one for you but it aint in plastic..even WW cant get what you want in one box.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, dehowie said:

So mate what is wrong with the KH F-5?

Shape wise its basically spot on.

It has numerous parts to allow you to build numerous versions of the F-5 oob.

Your copy of the 1/32 KH F-5E must be vastly different than mine.  About the only optional part for other versions that I see in the box is the radome.  What are all of the other versions you can build OOB, without any modifications to the kit?

In the what’s wrong category, let’s not forget to mention some of the various errors, like the shallow cockpit, reversed right side console, fuel filler ports on the wrong side of the spine, and lack of intake ducting, allowing you to see into the big empty fuselage, except for the engines just sitting there.

59 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Your copy of the 1/32 KH F-5E must be vastly different than mine.  About the only optional part for other versions that I see in the box is the radome.  What are all of the other versions you can build OOB, without any modifications to the kit?

In the what’s wrong category, let’s not forget to mention some of the various errors, like the shallow cockpit, reversed right side console, fuel filler ports on the wrong side of the spine, and lack of intake ducting, allowing you to see into the big empty fuselage, except for the engines just sitting there.

I agree with your findings. I also read all the build reviews I could find, and pretty much ignored the glowing reviews from people that were given the kit by Kitty Hawk (Don't bite the hand that feeds you), and pored over the ones that actually paid for the kit themselves. As usual, those reviews were more impartial, IMHO. 

I don't have the straight F-5E kit, I have their RF-5E Tigereye. Being a photo-reconnaissance aircraft, the model has additional issues concerning the recce parts. When I finally get around to working on it, I will have spend additional time correcting that equipment.

That being said, I also have other Kitty Hawk kits, as well as Kinetic, Trumpeter & Hobby Booboo. Most of them are the only kits available in their scale of the particular subject matter, so I will eventually have to spend a lot of time correcting them, unless another model company releases a better kit in the future. . Some I have already started, but got so frustrated with the blatant errors, I just stuck them back on the Shelf Of Doom.