1/72 Hasegawa.  Started this one about a decade ago and finally finished it.  Always liked the DB's original Tomcat markings much more than the snake-around-the-world emblem so often used by decal manufacturers.  

Eduard cockpit placards, True Details seats.

Decals from Hasegawa kit, Furball, Repliscale, Superscale and Wolfpak.  

HUGE thanks to Kurt (goondman) who saved this project by supplying, at his expense, a replacement canopy!!  Original was lost after two moves in the past 10 years.  If ever this man needs anything for any build, please help him out, and send me the bill!

QZ1dvDC.jpg

4xDuCiX.jpg

HYUYVI2.jpg

J4Ok70A.jpg

v43F0A4.jpg

oLlmeza.jpg

LG4W1yV.jpg

wVDdISY.jpg

PTV2yfg.jpg

F6wvs6g.jpg

t0MUd4B.jpg

NhUQgni.jpg

Diamondback 111 joins her other snake sisters so far, including an F2H-3 Banshee, F4D-1 Skyray and an F-4J Phantom.  On the Banshee and Skyray, each little white diamond was hand-cut from a white USAF tail code, for lack of alternatives (looks better than hand painting).

sZfnEsr.jpg

5Owjdgw.jpg

exy0tTx.jpg

9hdryjS.jpg

On 3/22/2020 at 11:11 AM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

1/72 Hasegawa.  Started this one about a decade ago and finally finished it.  Always liked the DB's original Tomcat markings much more than the snake-around-the-world emblem so often used by decal manufacturers.  

Eduard cockpit placards, True Details seats.

Decals from Hasegawa kit, Furball, Repliscale, Superscale and Wolfpak.  

HUGE thanks to Kurt (goondman) who saved this project by supplying, at his expense, a replacement canopy!!  Original was lost after two moves in the past 10 years.  If ever this man needs anything for any build, please help him out, and send me the bill!

QZ1dvDC.jpg

4xDuCiX.jpg

HYUYVI2.jpg

J4Ok70A.jpg

v43F0A4.jpg

oLlmeza.jpg

LG4W1yV.jpg

wVDdISY.jpg

PTV2yfg.jpg

F6wvs6g.jpg

t0MUd4B.jpg

NhUQgni.jpg

I see your still at it!!!  

On 3/24/2020 at 8:57 PM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Thanks everyone!

True achterkirch, although also an F-4B; they were one of the earliest users.  Also a late F-4J in lo-vis.

Even if I did all those, it would be nothing compared to my Jolly Rogers collection (31 planes) 🙂

Nice! Like the cockpit details - especially the seats.

There is only one thing I dislike with Hasegawa f-14. How can You pilot this jet with so bad front window visibility. That IP coaming is way too high. Doesn't detract from the completed model. Nice work.