VF-33 1992 engine grey tails jet questions

Hi guys,

A couple of questions about the late era Starfighters jets. I am building 204 off the Furball sheet.

What colour is the jet? I looks to be one overall grey colour, is it FS35237 or FS36320?

What would be the best colour match for those in Acrylics besides Model Master? (never had much luck with them)

What would be the best paint match for Engine Grey in Acrylic also?

Many thanks

Tom

I took a look at my instruction sheet and can see why you're asking. The color call out between the two is very close. It is overall 36320 (Dark Ghost Gray). I've done that scheme twice. I'll be honest and say I actually used Light Ghost Gray. It seemed to match the pictures better than Dark Ghost Gray. 

In regards to paint, I can't help because I actually use MM Acryl. I don't know why, but I've never had a problem with it.

4 hours ago, Keroburner89 said:

Mr Hobby Creos GSI (acrylic) is a good fit. The paint jar numbers you want are H308 for 36375, H307 for FS36320 and H337 for FS35237. Arm yourself with these and some basic white to tone them down a little and that'll put you in good stead to do all TPS Tomcats.  

Thanks mate!

I have been using those MR Hobby Aqueous colours for some years now and always liked them. I can get them to spray nicely. I think MM acrylics are a better colour match but I always get tip drying so cant get them to go down as well. Was hoping to find something that sprays like MR Hobby with a good paint match. Otherwise its back to the suggestions you have!

Cheers.