Hope this is not an Aprils fools joke..

Given that the promised D/H model has still yet to appear, I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.   On a related note, was the MRC B model that bad that it needs replacement?  I never built it but from all I read, it was supposed to be a really solid kit.

3 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

This would be the first B model I think in this scale...

Not the first, but it will probably be the better than the previous one.  There was the Sar/Seminar 1/35 UH-1B.  It was about the same quality as the MRC/Academy UH-1C, but a little more chunky on the details.

143340-11503-pristine.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
10 hours ago, 11bee said:

Given that the promised D/H model has still yet to appear, I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.   On a related note, was the MRC B model that bad that it needs replacement?  I never built it but from all I read, it was supposed to be a really solid kit.

The MRC is a really great kit, the nose is a little off and it took me years to notice it's that subtle but very accurate detail overall in my opinion.

Yeah I've been waiting a long time for the D/H so not sure why this release? Won't complain though! They did reply to one post saying the D/H is still coming. Hopefully it's the start in a long line of Huey models in 1/35

Edited by UH-1Mad
8 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I WANT MY 1/48 AH-1 COBRA'S 1ST DAMMIT! 

What about the Monogram "S" kit?

I realize it would take some backdating to make a Vietnam-era ship.

33 minutes ago, JohnEB said:

May as well try and make your own fuselage molds if going that route as that would be how much work it would involve.

KittyHawk has still to release their AH-1W which we were introduced to around this time last year I believe it was. Haven't heard anything on it in maybe 6 months? We need a new tool G, J, T, P, and S. May as well make an E too. Oh and the new Jordanian F's that have the same TSS unit that the Z's do. That would be awesome!

9 hours ago, JohnEB said:

That reminds me, I've got an ancient (and very nice) Werner's Wings AH-1S fuselage and upgrade set.  The fuselage is all engraved and it comes with the IPS and other parts (or maybe I bought them seperately).   I really need to get cracking on this soon.

With regard to the Seminar B-model, I love the box art, except that it looks like the gunner is lighting up his own LZ.     

If KH is really going this route, I hope they are not doing this sequentially.  I really don't have much interest in the earlier versions (except maybe an AF P-model if they ever put one out).  At that rate it will be years before we finally get a D/H.   All I really want out of KH is a modern Hotel, with the final ASE bits and gear added, along with a fuselage with accurate rivets.  Is that really asking for too much?  Don't answer, it was rhetorical.  I know how this will play out...

John

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

That reminds me, I've got an ancient (and very nice) Werner's Wings AH-1S fuselage and upgrade set.  The fuselage is all engraved and it comes with the IPS and other parts (or maybe I bought them seperately).   I really need to get cracking on this soon.

With regard to the Seminar B-model, I love the box art, except that it looks like the gunner is lighting up his own LZ.     

If KH is really going this route, I hope they are not doing this sequentially.  I really don't have much interest in the earlier versions (except maybe an AF P-model if they ever put one out).  At that rate it will be years before we finally get a D/H.   All I really want out of KH is a modern Hotel, with the final ASE bits and gear added, along with a fuselage with accurate rivets.  Is that really asking for too much?  Don't answer, it was rhetorical.  I know how this will play out...

John

I had two of those. My ex-wife sold them about 8 years ago while I was on a deployment.

1 hour ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Not an April Fool's Joke.  Ray and I have been working with them.  ...it is gonna happen.  So will some others in this lineage. 

I really hope a UH-1Y is on the list.

7 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I had two of those. My ex-wife sold them about 8 years ago while I was on a deployment.

Hey Whiskey,  in all reality, as much as it's a favorite subject of mine, I'll probably never get around to building it at the pace I'm going at (assuming COVID doesn't knock me off anyway).  If you are interested in this stuff, PM me.   My hobby items also fell victim to my ex many years back.   

Edited by 11bee
6 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

Well, Thats nice but why not work on releasing the 1/35 scale D or N Huey. There is always time for a B model later or at the same time of the D. 

Oliver

Agreed. Can’t believe the B would sell well compared to the D/H.  

8 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Not an April Fool's Joke.  Ray and I have been working with them.  They forgot to put a Razorback and the Werner's Wings logo on the boxtop but it is gonna happen.  So will some others in this lineage.  They just need the virus to go away.

Floyd

I did not think it was Floyd, and had read about letting the virus mess settle down. I am really glad to see this kit come out, and appreciate the work you have put into helping them put out an accurate model. I think the B is a very important model in the development of later gunships, and or tactics, and will be adding a couple to my collection. 

8 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Not an April Fool's Joke.  Ray and I have been working with them.  They forgot to put a Razorback and the Werner's Wings logo on the boxtop but it is gonna happen.  So will some others in this lineage.  They just need the virus to go away.

Floyd

This is great!

But can you say if KH is releasing the B or D/H model first?

I thought there was all new cad for the D/H model and it was announced last year it was happening? 

Strange that it seems to have changed, again..

Edited by UH-1Mad
11 hours ago, UH-1Mad said:

This is great!

But can you say if KH is releasing the B or D/H model first?

I thought there was all new cad for the D/H model and it was announced last year it was happening? 

Strange that it seems to have changed, again..

I have no idea of their release schedule.  Ray and I have a little bit of say into markings and the CAD but after that we are as surprised as the rest of the world.

Floyd