xtracals 'D-day' decoration accuracy

Just finished a pair of ancient Lindberg 1/72 kits, P-47B and a P-51b and decorated them with Xtracals od/neutral gray schemes.  Neither decal documentation mentioned a black or very dark OD glareshield. Doesn't seem right... Does anyone know of any of these 2 airplanes in European ETO  showing no glareshields?   

Thanks!

Been a while since I've modeled or researched WW2 aircraft but in the several decades that I did, there didn't seem to be any period images of US planes painted olive drab which had anti-glare panels; only the natural metal ones did.

Had to look up Lindberg's kit. That black upper nose on the D-Day marked olive drab one one is something I've only seen there. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/lindberg-482-60-north-american-p-51b-mustang--179071

Yup, that's the box art that I have, although I didn't use it to guide the finish I applied.  It's possible that I included the OD/neutral gray aircraft with the natural metal ones in my mind's eye.  And this is an example of the need to honor documentation, not assumptions.  I made a quick look at photos of OD airplanes, not a glareshield in sight. 

And thanks for speaking up. 

Edited by peter havriluk

I don't think I've EVER seen a WW2 U.S. plane that was olive drab WITH a black anti-glare shield.  That just looks weird!  They were only ever used on on planes that were left in their natural unpainted metal state.

Eric