Latest SU-57 Video?

Have any of you seen the latest video of the Su-57? At last it's the most recent that I have seen, which doesn't mean much.   I got a feed from Quora, and it's the most comprehensive video that I have seen of that airplane.  In the air, it sure looks a lot like the YF-23, which I personally felt was a FAR more beautiful aircraft than the clunky F-22.  Just my opinion, of course.  The Su looks great, though they don't show any of the 4 aircraft doing any serious maneuvering, no snap rolls or the cobra, or anything significant, at least to this layman's eyes.  In fact, they seem to be showing a very graceful, large airplane, moving (relatively) slowly.  Just curious what others think.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

From what I've read, the missile portion of the video is fake.

If so, the smoke interaction with the airflow around the aircraft has been done extremely well (speaking from what I have seen through my own involvement with missile tests on older, more smokey missiles launched at low speed / high AoA). My first thought was actually that it looked genuine, but of course there are some very talented CGI artists out there.

The launch is real (to me) but not one from it's missile-bay?
There is this small sleek fuselage design near the wingroot, enough space to hide a small IR?
My guess is where the actuators are hidden for the forward flipper-fin (or what ever it is called).

Anyway, it still cannot match a F-22.

Edited by cag_200

In the video you can see a white missile protruding forward of the wing leading edge just inside of the leading edge flap, in a position spanwise corresponding  with those very much discussed fairings.

The missile is seen for a few seconds even before it's launched, it's definitely not coming from one of the main bays between the engines nacelles.

Frame freeze seems to show a modified AA-11 Archer.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:03 PM, cag_200 said:

There is this small sleek fuselage design near the wingroot, enough space to hide a small IR?
My guess is where the actuators are hidden for the forward flipper-fin (or what ever it is called).

The whole sequence doesn't make sense.

The a/c surfaced eleven years  ago (wow I didn't remember it was so far), 

they tend since the begining to overhype and overgloss every sortie the prototypes make.

They never attempted weapon separation and verification tests and didn't make comments/videos/media coverage about it.

The most we saw about this, is one very blurry video.

And now after the crash of the first production model before it was ever delivered, event which still doesn't get an official statement about his cause,

they just decide to make missile launch from internal weapons bay.

And one thing more: it is me or bort numbers of the numerous a/c on this clip are purposely hidden/edited thanks to this Michael Bay edit style?

These a/c really look like the previous prototypes of the Su-57.

2 hours ago, The Underdog said:

Regardless if the missile shot was real or not, the Su-57 is a very nice looking aircraft.

Now, what can it do against an F-22 Raptor in combat is another story... good luck on

that one!

I noticed the other day that it doesn’t even have S ducts. Just a straight shot to the compressor fans. How stealthy can it really be.  Just seems to me to be a 4.5 gen aircraft. Not really a true 5 gen.  My guess the F-22 would eat it for lunch. 

4 hours ago, achterkirch said:

I noticed the other day that it doesn’t even have S ducts. Just a straight shot to the compressor fans. How stealthy can it really be.  Just seems to me to be a 4.5 gen aircraft. Not really a true 5 gen.  My guess the F-22 would eat it for lunch. 

Not to mention all the exposed rivet heads. 

It is nice looking though....

My god, there is so much nonsense in this thread it is shocking.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:58 AM, Whiskey said:

From what I've read, the missile portion of the video is fake.

No, it is real.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:03 PM, cag_200 said:

It is from missile bay, obviously. Just watch frame by frame, it is easy to see the missile is slipped into the airstream. Secondly, there isn't a pylon in that location, at all. And yes, it has been measured up and down, left and right, R-73 class (K-74M2 to be exact) fits just fine there. Because the weaponbay was designed to fit a R-73 missile.

Nice conclusion...

On 3/27/2020 at 6:05 PM, shion said:

They never attempted weapon separation and verification tests and didn't make comments/videos/media coverage about it.

The most we saw about this, is one very blurry video.

And now after the crash of the first production model before it was ever delivered, event which still doesn't get an official statement about his cause,

they just decide to make missile launch from internal weapons bay.

And one thing more: it is me or bort numbers of the numerous a/c on this clip are purposely hidden/edited thanks to this Michael Bay edit style?

These a/c really look like the previous prototypes of the Su-57.

Just because you didn't see any video's, doesn't mean it didn't happen, obviously. They have been doing weapon testing for many years. In fact, before T-50 ever flew. Su-47 had a modified weaponbay to match T-50's and did weapondropping from it, including at supersonic speeds since like 2008/2009.

We got an official statement regarding T-50S-1 crash, just not a very detailed one.

Like when, exactly? I saw all b/n's.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, achterkirch said:

Crazy thought; Problems might have more solution to them than one. S-ducts isn't a silver bullet that solves everything, in fact, it creates plenty of problems. As with any sort of engineering, there is upsides and downsides to everything.

The system on T-50 is not a straight forward S-duck one, but comprises of several solutions some of which is partial S-ducts, fancy radarblocker and other things... T-50's designers even took out a patent explaining the overall design, and the downsides of S-ducts. But i guess Sukhoi engineers are just idiots and have never heard of S-ducts, and had a collective amnesia forgetting that they designed them for Su-47... That must be it clearly.

Edited by Berkut
On 4/1/2020 at 2:18 AM, Ken Cartwright said:

It's definitely a cool looking plane.  I noticed what looks like bubbles in the canopy, not sure what that's about.

Hard to tell for sure. In an earlier shot at about 20 sec mark where the canopy slides in, one can only see a single bubble. Might have been a production fault that was deemed passable or just water on either lens or the canopy, although one would expect them to move around. It is also likely this is an older version of the canopy either way. They originally used "organic glass" (more commonly known as acrylic glass) and now using monolithic polycarbonate which testing has shown to be far stronger, lighter and has quite a bit higher temperature before it starts to get soft, which is important for top speed of course...

Edited by Berkut
On 3/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, GreyGhost said:

>>> Clicky <<<

-Gregg

Thank you for posting the link....I'd actually been unable to find the link after I watched in the first time.  This was the video I was referring to when I opened this thread 😊  The thread sure took off in directions I hadn't expected.  I was really only making a point about how the airplane LOOKS, not about it's lightning capabilities, but then again, I DID ask what others thought!

Edited by Curt B