• 9 months later...

Hello all guys.

Wow, never realized how much time passed from my last post, but this year was a real change for me, and find a bit of time to work on my Baz was a premium!

But I'm at one step to finish it, here my actual state of the model

F-15A Baz 145.jpg

F-15A Baz 146.jpg

F-15A Baz 147.jpg

Here some detail shots, the pit area ( from the real all these whitish particles over the HUD cover aren't visible at all...) and the details of the Sparrows, MLG bays for which I'll add more dirt and the opened gun door. Actually the door and RBF flag are new ones, as these in the picture was losted in dark circumstances...

F-15A Baz 148.jpg

F-15A Baz 149.jpg

I'll be able to finish it during the next Holydays and finally start a new project.

In the meantime I hope yuo like what I've done and like always feel free of comment and critique the model

Thanks  to all guys and stay safe.

Gianni:cheers:

Edited by kurnass77

Gianni,

What a treat to have you back on this project.  Since it's nearly complete, it shouldn't be long before you start the FineMolds Phantom, correct? :hmmm:

Hopefully you and your brother are doing well with the workshop! 

Gene K

Gene,

is a real pleasure have you there again!

Fortunately the workshop with repaint, rstoration and fixes, and other commisions is not too bad afterall, at least we worked ( and work) constantly on very different project and subject. Unfortunately this year we noted a tendency to rise the price of the materials, so probably we need to reorganize our prices a bit.

As said I want finish the F-15 ASAP and start a new model, the FM Phantom will be a nice option , but I need to collect some AM before starting it, and more important, choose the subject to rapresent, despite my choice are basically two: USAF or IDF/AF...

In reality I followed many discussion on the forum without post anything, maybe I became too lazy or tired!

But I'm really happy that you stop by, so please stay tuned for the final sprint.

Gianni :cheers:

This is exquisite work, Gianni!   Did you ever find out what caused all those lines on the surface after wrapping with cellophane?   I sometimes use Cing-Wrap on large surfaces -- was that what you used?  I just got a bottle of Tamiya clear and was planning to do the same on my Tomcats.  That would have sent me spiralling into the depths of despair  : )

Thanks mate!

I still don't know what caused the cellophane ( the one commonly used in kitchen ) the react this way...the Tamiya clear ( I love it) was more than cured when I masked the model, so I really don't know what happened. Generally I use for great surfaces the aluminium foil and afterthe near disaster for precaution I returned to use it

Anyway wet sandpaper and the Tamiya Compounds helped a lot, and with the matt coat all was solved !

Can't wait to see more progress on your build(s), so exciting!

Gianni

Thanks mate, but the camera will wait a bit now,other priority.

The model is done , check the display case and thanks all who followed this thread

Happy New Tear to all and stay safe my friends!

Gianni

• 4 weeks later...