Mig-31M cockpit color

All the pics I've seen show it in the turquoise color used by Mig in many of its fighters. Here's a pic of a Mig-31BM cockpit. I would think the M version no different.

MiG-31BM-Foxhound-Cockpit-1S.jpg

There are a number of paint lines offering the color. More than likely you will find it in the line you normally use (unless it is out of production).

Edited by Mstor

Thank you Mstor, but I believe the Mig-31M used a different color in the cockpit, I believe it is a gray color, but unfortunately, I haven't found any clear photos on the Web.

I'll keep looking.

Juan

1 hour ago, solher1 said:

Thank you Mstor, but I believe the Mig-31M used a different color in the cockpit, I believe it is a gray color, but unfortunately, I haven't found any clear photos on the Web.

Correct, at least according to what Yefim Gordon's MiG-31 book is showing as images of the MiG-31M front cockpit (looks roughly like MM Dark Gull Gray to me).

Edited by ijozic
3 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

The instructions for the AMK MiG-31BM/BSM kit call for turquoise blue for all cockpit surfaces. Now, I don't know if that is totally accurate, but it is what it is. 

Thank you madmanrick.

The kit I am building is the M, that never went into production, not the BM or BSM which I know use the turquoise blue.

Juan

Not sure about the early MiG-31M frames, but pretty sure the color on the later ones was indeed grey as the pictures above show. Also, Mstor's MiG-31BM cockpit picture is of the original MiG-31BM prototype, not the operational one. It was a beastly aircraft, still holding longest distance A-A kill, and one at massive speed at that...

On 3/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, solher1 said:

I found something. Here is for everybody. Read section about Mig-31M.

Mig-31M

Thanks.

Juan

Leave it to Mig to make one completely different. Probably did it on purpose mess with all us modelers minds. :OMG-OMG:

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

Still working on my Hobby Boss Mig-31M in a very slow way and I am trying to use the six R-37 that comes with the kit and four R-77 on the wings.  However, it seems like Hobby Boss didn't bother (Surprise, surprise) putting the pylons for that option even though it was probably the most common configuration there was with the few that actually flew.

Does anybody know if there any pylons available in any other kit or aftermarket that I can use?  See this link showing the gray pylon I am talking about.  I checked all the Mig-31s kits I have and none of them seems to carry it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan

Ah, that's too bad. There is this sprue included with the B/BM or BM w/Kh-47 kits which I suppose they forgot to include in the M kit.

Interestingly enough, the 1/72 kit seems to have two of those provided, but on a different sprue next to the engine faces part.

Edited by ijozic
On 3/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mstor said:

Probably did it on purpose mess with all us modelers minds. :OMG-OMG:

I remember the story of the British intelligence worker who was examining the latest batch of Soviet aircraft photos during the Cold War (those of us old enough to remember the only pics we could get then were grainy, blurry, out of focus and just generally unclear).  Apparently the man exclaimed in exasperation, "They must BUILD their aircraft blurred!"

6 hours ago, ijozic said:

Ah, that's too bad. There is this sprue included with the B/BM or BM w/Kh-47 kits which I suppose they forgot to include in the M kit.

Interestingly enough, the 1/72 kit seems to have two of those provided, but on a different sprue next to the engine faces part.

Thank you ijozic, I did not check the BM  w/Kh-47 before, but the pylons are there.  Now I am back in business.

Juan