ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
solher1

Mig-31M cockpit color

Question for Russian aircraft experts:

What is the best match for a Mig-31M cockpit. I am about to start the Hobby Boss kit.

Thanks in advance.

Juan

Posted (edited)

All the pics I've seen show it in the turquoise color used by Mig in many of its fighters. Here's a pic of a Mig-31BM cockpit. I would think the M version no different.

MiG-31BM-Foxhound-Cockpit-1S.jpg

There are a number of paint lines offering the color. More than likely you will find it in the line you normally use (unless it is out of production).

Edited by Mstor

Thank you Mstor, but I believe the Mig-31M used a different color in the cockpit, I believe it is a gray color, but unfortunately, I haven't found any clear photos on the Web.

I'll keep looking.

Juan

The instructions for the AMK MiG-31BM/BSM kit call for turquoise blue for all cockpit surfaces. Now, I don't know if that is totally accurate, but it is what it is. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, solher1 said:

Thank you Mstor, but I believe the Mig-31M used a different color in the cockpit, I believe it is a gray color, but unfortunately, I haven't found any clear photos on the Web.

Correct, at least according to what Yefim Gordon's MiG-31 book is showing as images of the MiG-31M front cockpit (looks roughly like MM Dark Gull Gray to me).

Edited by ijozic

3 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

The instructions for the AMK MiG-31BM/BSM kit call for turquoise blue for all cockpit surfaces. Now, I don't know if that is totally accurate, but it is what it is. 

Thank you madmanrick.

The kit I am building is the M, that never went into production, not the BM or BSM which I know use the turquoise blue.

Juan

Posted (edited)

I found something. Here is for everybody. Read section about Mig-31M.

Mig-31M

Thanks.

Juan

Edited by solher1

Not sure about the early MiG-31M frames, but pretty sure the color on the later ones was indeed grey as the pictures above show. Also, Mstor's MiG-31BM cockpit picture is of the original MiG-31BM prototype, not the operational one. It was a beastly aircraft, still holding longest distance A-A kill, and one at massive speed at that...

On 3/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, solher1 said:

I found something. Here is for everybody. Read section about Mig-31M.

Mig-31M

Thanks.

Juan

Leave it to Mig to make one completely different. Probably did it on purpose mess with all us modelers minds. :OMG-OMG: